Kahr PM9 or S&W 642 w/CT Laser Grips

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by cnl390, May 29, 2009.

1. cnl390

cnl390 Active Member

May 27, 2009
    I am buying a new carry weapon. And will probably go with one of the above. I have owned a Smith and liked it a lot. However I carry in my jeans pocket and although the Smith fit OK it was a little tight. That is why I am considering the PM9 (or maybe an LCP)
    What do you all think?

2. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tough choice. I have had both and prefer the S&W just because I don't like the double action only with the Kahr. Can't go wrong with either.
  3. Lobo_79

Lobo_79 Member

May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    FWIT I have a Model 637 and a PM9 and neither are really comfortable in my jeans pocket. When I compare the two the PM9 is actually more likely to print than the revolver. To offset this I use an inexpensive Uncle Mike's pocket holster; one without the belt clip. If I have a choice I prefer IWB carry for the PM9 but as you know sometimes that's not a good option.

Between the 637 and the PM9 I'm more likely to carry the PM9 because its easier to carry a spare magazine than to carry a speed loader or handful of loose rounds in your pocket for the revolver.
  4. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I carry my PM9 in jeans pocket frequently. As a matter of fact, that and a sports coat breast pocket is about the only places I do carry that gun. That is the reason I got that gun. In a pocket holster, you'll have a bulge, but no gun outline. I have carried my wifes 637 a couple of times, and it works fine too as long as you get ha holster to cover the cylinder and flatten the counter out. It is a bit lighter than the PM9, but the PM9 is thinner. Either should work for you.

5. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    PM9 is my daily carry gun, in a Mika pocket holster, usually in cargo shorts ... for me, the jeans I have are too tight to carry comfortably, if wearing jeans I use a Galco paddle holster and cover it with a shirt ... PM9 is a great weapon, mine has been stone reliable since I took it out of the box several years ago ...