• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If they can manage to derail Kavanaugh, the blue wave gets a surge. And they know it.
    If not, it takes much of the power out of any surge they have going. They know if they lose this, they stand to lose big. They will try anything short of armed resistance to win this.

Otherwise, they have just proved that the blue wave is just a fantasy.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If they can manage to derail Kavanaugh, the blue wave gets a surge. And they know it.
    If not, it takes much of the power out of any surge they have going. They know if they lose this, they stand to lose big. They will try anything short of armed resistance to win this.

Otherwise, they have just proved that the blue wave is just a fantasy.

jrbfishn,

Don't bet that the LOONY LEFT won't try an ARMED TERRORIST incident WHEN (rather than IF) this STUPID accusation/tactic fails.
    (The FAR LEFT is in FULL PANIC mode when they consider what seating Justice Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS means. - The END of "judicial activism" for a generation or more.)

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I agree; I personally think the Left wingnuts will stop at nothing. As I’ve already voiced here, I wouldn’t put it past them to call in a ‘building threat’ - NOTHING, absolutely nothing would surprise me! And that Feinstein is just a snake in the grass and she’s proud to be!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ed308; All,

IF I was running things in the US Senate, we would vote Judge Kavanaugh out of committee tomorrow & not later than Wednesday AM seat him on the SCOTUS. = That would bring howls from the LEFTISTS & (imo) that is a GREAT THING & will provoke the LEFTIST FOOLS to do something even more STUPID..

yours, satx

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Vote is likely this Thursday.
    That’s not the full Senate vote - that won’t be until later in September.

The vote this coming Thursday is just the vote to report it out of the Judicial Committee. A straight party line vote would have him passing 11-10 in favor (which is what I’m expecting it to be).

As far as I know Senator Mitch McConnell will not schedule the full Senate vote until it passes the Judiciary Committee.

I think the writing is on the wall and there is nothing the Dems can ultimately do to stop his confirmation. However, that doesn’t mean there’s not some rough water head since they are pulling out every last stop they can.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    jrbfishn,

Don't bet that the LOONY LEFT won't try an ARMED TERRORIST incident WHEN (rather than IF) this STUPID accusation/tactic fails.
    (The FAR LEFT is in FULL PANIC mode when they consider what seating Justice Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS means. - The END of "judicial activism" for a generation or more.)

yours, satx
    I have no illusions about what this means or what the left is capable of and willing to do. Getting Trump as POTUS and them Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court effectively puts the leftist plans on hold for decades. And they know it. If Trump gets another term and more SCOTUS picks, well, that is something they are probably willing to do anything to avoid.
    One of the main reasons me and a lot of others voted for DJT to begin with.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The AZ replacement for Senator John McCain supposedly bettered “the margin” for passage of Judge Kavanaugh. That thinking was based on some political analysis that McCain may have voted against Trump’s SCOTUS pick. The two RINO lady Senators remain the big question. Without their support, it could be one of those, “by the skin of your teeth” sorta votes.

There are a few (very FEW) Democrat Senators up for re-election who may cross over to vote for him. But they’re influenced by their own belief if there’s going to be a ‘blue wave’ or not.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I think a lot of the Blue Wave is to try to convince the little people that it is real even though it is more talk than substance. If you look closely, you can see a lot of desperation in the left. They know Kavanaugh getting appointed has the potential to marginalize a lot of their plans. Those on the fence don't want to be on the wrong side of it if he is. RINOs are equally scared. They can't vote against him and hope re-election unless he loses by a large margin. As well as he did in the hearings it would be political suicide and they know it.
    Pretty clear from what I saw of the hearings that they are scared to death of his appointment. They should be. If He is, the Blue Wave has a very good chance of fizzling out.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Three Republican senators weigh in on delaying Kavanaugh vote
    By Kate Sullivan and Steve Brusk, CNN
    Updated 12:02 AM ET, Mon September 17, 2018
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16/politics/jeff-flake-bob-corker-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

"Washington (CNN)Three Republican senators have weighed in on postponing a vote on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination until they hear more from the woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

"Sens. Jeff Flake and Bob Corker both say the Senate Judiciary Committee should not vote on Kavanaugh's nomination until they talk to his accuser, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski said the committee might have to consider delaying the vote, according to reporting by CNN and other news organizations."

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Three Republican senators weigh in on delaying Kavanaugh vote
    By Kate Sullivan and Steve Brusk, CNN
    Updated 12:02 AM ET, Mon September 17, 2018
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16/politics/jeff-flake-bob-corker-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

"Washington (CNN)Three Republican senators have weighed in on postponing a vote on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination until they hear more from the woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

"Sens. Jeff Flake and Bob Corker both say the Senate Judiciary Committee should not vote on Kavanaugh's nomination until they talk to his accuser, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski said the committee might have to consider delaying the vote, according to reporting by CNN and other news organizations."

AustinN4,

It's time to tell those 3 to get aboard or to GET LOST. = NOT another penny from the party, EVER, if they cooperate with the HATE-FILLED DIMocRATS.
    (Flake's leaving anyway, so he's a dead loss.)

DIMocRATS in 2018 cannot be trusted on any issue, except to be Trump-HATING BIGOTS.

yours, satx

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What happens if Jeff Flake votes no or abstains?
    Corker isn't a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. So Corker gets no vote on Kavanaugh's nomination coming out of committee. They're grandstanding where they think they can get away with it. When Kavanaugh comes out of committee to the full Senate, then THAT'S where Corker's and Flake's votes will matter . . . and they'll both vote YES. They get to look all important right now by ruffling some feathers in their own party and assuaging the Dems.

I believe Kavanaugh WILL be voted out of committee.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What happens if Jeff Flake votes no or abstains?
    The mechanics are: if he votes “no”, then Judge Kavanaugh’s name is not passed out of the subcommittee to the Senate for a full vote. (The vote swings the other way: 10-11 against Kavanaugh and he fails to be appointed).
    The Flake abstains (see what I did there?), then the Vice President steps in and breaks the tie just like he would in a full Senate vote.
    Either scenario is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen. A looong Senate tradition dictates when there is doubt at the subcommittee level they tend to defer the decision to the full Senate.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm (very) cautiously hoping they're wanting this accuser to testify before the committee to blow it out in the open, and show it for what it is - a baseless smear campaign. This woman can't remember whose house she went to, where it was, who else was where, but she can distinctly remember that it was Kavanaugh that did something that was "wrong" but not quite criminal. There is no recollection how she got there, or how she got home, but yet she recalls (and catch the careful and odd wording here) that she felt he could "inadvertently kill her" !?!?!? You inadvertently leave your phone at a restaurant, you inadvertently spill your drink. You don't inadvertently kill someone. Now today I read that "a friend" broke it up between her and Kavanaugh, but again no recollection of who. That's awfully convenient, when you could simply ask someone else who was there, that none of those details come to mind. Not only that, but she never told anyone until 30 years later in her own marriage counseling, but let me guess - no records there either.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm not believing *any* of this charade has any basis in fact.

Top Bottom