• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rottweiler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Hill Country
    Just came from the Kerr county sheriff's office. Flat out refused to sign. "Never have, Never will" was the reply.

I can't wait until the next election day
    Military Camp

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    I wouldn't take it personal, there are an unlimited number of bad things that could happen if he signed off. He has a lot riding on something that he has absolutely no control over if he decided to sign off. Just pay for a trust and be done with it.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    What bad can happen?

Easiest answer would be the gun could be stolen, whatever and used in a horrific crime. Every news station in the world would put the blame on everybody but the criminal. (that would include the sheriff)

I'm not saying this is the case but I personally know someone that holds a CHP, the guy has lost his mind. He owns a local business everything on the outside seems normal, he imagines things that never happened. Threaten to kill my friend for something that never happened.....crazy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Easiest answer would be the gun could be stolen, whatever and used in a horrific crime. Every news station in the world would put the blame on everybody but the criminal. (that would include the sheriff)

I'm not saying this is the case but I personally know someone that holds a CHP, the guy has lost his mind. He owns a local business everything on the outside seems normal, he imagines things that never happened. Threaten to kill my friend for something that never happened.....crazy.

CHP?

So the Sheriff is an Anti? Same arguments anti-s make. It is an invalid argument.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    typo, concealed permit

He doesn't have to be an anti-gun guy just because he has that policy.

I'm only saying he's probably just trying to protect his elected position.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing just giving different things that he might be thinking about.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    sounds anti to me as he has no liabilty to worry about he is merly signing a form saying that you have been finger printed and your paper work is in order as far as that goes the goberment has the liability to do back ground work and acctualy approve it, the liability is on them and the aplicant, covering his butt is a crock.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Covering his butt in that no attorney can then say he "approved" or "allowed" someone to purchase a suppresor, etc. when it gets stolen and used as it shouldn't be. And of course you can have any opinion you like. I've known him and worked with him for many years and would never consider him "anti". Maybe you guys know him better than I.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    He is elected to uphold the law, enforce the law, and to protect the rights of the people that elected him. He is not elected to protect his career as Sheriff.

I won't bother with names, but honestly if you won't sign because it may jeopardize your career in the off-chance that it's stolen and used in a publicized crime, that's the bottom line problem with this country's government. You're denying people the right, forcing them through a loophole, because it might affect your career?

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    He is elected to uphold the law, enforce the law, and to protect the rights of the people that elected him. He is not elected to protect his career as Sheriff.

I won't bother with names, but honestly if you won't sign because it may jeopardize your career in the off-chance that it's stolen and used in a publicized crime, that's the bottom line problem with this country's government. You're denying people the right, forcing them through a loophole, because it might affect your career?
    Nobody is being denied anything, there are other avenues. My sheriff wouldn't sign off either, I would have considered it a bonus if he had, not consider him a _______ for not doing it.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    We don't know that to be the case thats just a scenario I came up with, he may have a completely different take on it.

Honest question should anyone be able to buy an automatic/machine-gun, no form 4 just pay and go?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We don't know that to be the case thats just a scenario I came up with, he may have a completely different take on it.

Honest question should anyone be able to buy an automatic/machine-gun, no form 4 just pay and go?

Fair enough, and personally ... yes, I feel we should fully repeal the NFA. The requirements for the Form 4 are no more strict than buying a handgun, it's just a bigger dog and pony show that was originally ment to bust people on tax avasion.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    CHP?

So the Sheriff is an Anti? Same arguments anti-s make. It is an invalid argument.

Yep, the Sheriff is an anti. Forget all the excuses and apologists. An anti is an anti is an evil SOB.

The excuse being used is very similar to the very lame excuse that CLEOs in California use to refuse to sign off on CHLs for people.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....

Yes Sir!! and he is included in that "Political Pussies Group"!! He's ONLY worried about "HIS" career!! time to vote in a Sheriff that will HELP with the purchase of an NFA weapon for the vary Tax Paying, Law Abiding citizen that voted him in!!

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I am still trying to find this "loophole" that y'all keep referring to.
    The use of a trust and/or corporation for NFA items was outlined in the original Act. I fail to see how this is a loophole.
    Now, if there is a way to get NFA goodies without waiting 6-36 weeks, paying $200.00 to the goobermint, and spend my kids college fund...that's my idea of a loophole.

The sheriff is not giving anyone permission or allowing anyone to get the items. All his signature does is affirm the statement that:

"I have no information indicating that the transferee will use the firearm or device described on this application for other than lawful purposes. I have no information that the receipt or possession of the firearm or device described in item 4 would be place the transferee in violation of State or local law."

This is neither approving or allowing a person to acquire NFA items. That function is reserved for the NFA branch of the ATF&E.

Joat
    (For Harris County Folks...Rumor has it that Pat Lycos, Harris County DA, will sign off on your forms)

Top Bottom