• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I am still trying to find this "loophole" that y'all keep referring to.
    The use of a trust and/or corporation for NFA items was outlined in the original Act. I fail to see how this is a loophole.
    Now, if there is a way to get NFA goodies without waiting 6-36 weeks, paying $200.00 to the goobermint, and spend my kids college fund...that's my idea of a loophole.

In 1934, just whom held trusts and corporations? It wasn't the common man. To me, that is a measure of a loophole since it allows you to circumvent counties that do not sign off on Form 4s. If no one in Travis Co. will sign off on my Form, then I cannot possess the item, but if I hold a trust or corporation, then I can obtain the item via that route. There's a reason why they enacted that requirement on the individual side of things, and omitted it on the trust and corporation.
    Capitol Armory ad

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    There's a reason why they enacted that requirement on the individual side of things, and omitted it on the trust and corporation.
    Yes there is. If you read the transcripts of the 1934 NFA Hearings it becomes apparent that the National Firearms Act was pushed forward in response to such people as John Dillinger and other high profile "crime lords". The 1934 NFA was primarily a crime control bill. The taxes and fees were designed to be punitive and restrictive as a means to restrict the ownership of firearms.
    Corporations and other legal entities could not (and still cannot) be fingerprinted or photographed so that restriction was not applied to them.

Joat

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes there is. If you read the transcripts of the 1934 NFA Hearings it becomes apparent that the National Firearms Act was pushed forward in response to such people as John Dillinger and other high profile "crime lords". The 1934 NFA was primarily a crime control bill. The taxes and fees were designed to be punitive and restrictive as a means to restrict the ownership of firearms.
    Corporations and other legal entities could not (and still cannot) be fingerprinted or photographed so that restriction was not applied to them.

Sure, hence the tax evasion purpose of the bill.

The issue becomes ... why did they allow corporation and trust entities possession? My presumption is that they did that to allow corporations such as banks, private firms, etc. to have a business level ownership of the firearms as a means of arming security personnel.

However, behind every corporation and legal entity is a person, or persons, whom can be fingerprinted and photographed.

Do you have the hearings on document or audio? I'd like to read more into them.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I rink it was also an anti union bill since it allowed the big business entities to arm their security personell.

This was a time of social unrest, communist insurgency and workers rights.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Nope. Now it is more the ones that want what big business (and small businesses for that matter) have without working or paying for it.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Joat

Top Bottom