• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That is the factory code default. That code will always work no matter what you change the code to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So that means anybody that knows the default code can open the door.....that does not seem as if it was thought out very well.
    Why would anybody change the code then?
    Capitol Armory ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I think he's saying that the default code is specific to the car. There would have already been a class-action lawsuit if there was one code that opened the door of every Ford.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I think he's saying that the default code is specific to the car. There would have already been a class-action lawsuit if there was one code that opened the door of every Ford.

Now, that makes sense, lol.
    It was just that early on in the thread somebody mentioned that the default code was "1111" or "1234".

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Now, that makes sense, lol.
    It was just that early on in the thread somebody mentioned that the default code was "1111" or "1234".

The default code is 5 digits and vehicle specific.

I change mine to something easier to remember. If I feel security is threatened then I change it again. Nobody gets the default code.

BTW typing in the code only unlocks the drivers door. Push 3 after that to unlock all the doors. Pushing the last two buttons (7+9) locks all the doors.

You can also change your personal code by using the default code or your current personal code.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    TXI -

You yourself had state before that we all break laws from time to time and we have to decide for ourselves when we do it.

Something so morally reprehensible as leaving your vehicle running while you go into the store would probably fall under the "that's a silly law" heading for most of us.

In fact, I'm trying to think what the basis would be? Preventing theft? Saving the environment? Some laws are just stupid. This is one of them.

Yep something stupid like that. 1/3 of the vehicles stolen in Travis County were left running (usually in front of a convenience store). I will be glad to take your theft report and hand you a citation for this violation. Good luck with your insurance when they find out. Many policies allow for them to deny your claim if left running or with the keys in it.

If you that stupid, perhaps you deserve to have your car stolen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    just take your vehicle into a "tard" like me........ Us mechanics are all tards....

Lol, no disrepect. I too have had ASE certs in auto body(gold) and mechs. Saying that.....you know the service manager is gonna get his lowest guy to jack with it. No way hes pulling a heavy hitter off a job for a key code.

As for the mod i took a pic of. Its located driver side, under dash, above left kick panel.
    bu4uzubu.jpg

This is one of the pics. Theres a butt load of numbers on the side. Iphone cam. Some i cant tell if its a damn 6 or 5....or an 8. If this area is where the code is located. Ill pull the mod and look.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And no one deserves to have their property stolen.

That reasoning could be taken to the extreme of anyone who doesn't have their car doors locked and car locked in a garage protected by to levels of alarm systems and vicious rabid badgers deserves to have their car stolen.

Yes, leaving it running might make it more likely. Doesn't mean it's deserved.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I recall when pickups would start without a key, nobody locked nothing.
    A neighbor's house got broken into (3miles away, but only 2 other homes were closer) and we had to change the locks on our house because nobody had a key.
    Nobody.

Yep, we deserved to get robbed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    GG, it is my understanding that the code is located inside the computer only. You are wasting your time looking under the dash.

Ok, wheres the damn thing? Ill gladly pull the cover off. As for the thread hijacking police....dont yall have some tickets to go write? In the name of JUSTICE? Or city rev...

Stupid is being a team puppet. A mindless drone that enforces mindless laws. For which nobody but the state gov and city flunkies voted for. The fact of life. Your job is to respond to symptoms. You do squat to prevent a thing. What the public doesn't pay in taxes, they pay in fines. Yet, after millions of citations and thousands locked up....the worlds the same old place. Your job was created from industrial security guards. Brought into public service. You're a tool of gov. You job isn't to protect and serve. Its arrest and fine.

And i bet all you "police" get really mad when one of your own, tells you what your job really is. How about law enforcement wake up to whats really going on? 'POPO' pissing off police officer isnt a real law guys. The "asshole" bend in peoples DL is childish. If you have performed a "screen test"....youre the one that needs to go to prison.

Now someone tell me where the hell the ecm is on my ride! I got laws to break.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    When I say it is in the computer I mean that it has to be retrieved by a service tech. It isn't written anywhere besides the card that was originally in the owners manual. If you can't find that card then you have to take the vehicle to Ford to get the code. A locksmith may be able to retrieve it also but I am not sure on that one.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And no one deserves to have their property stolen.

That reasoning could be taken to the extreme of anyone who doesn't have their car doors locked and car locked in a garage protected by to levels of alarm systems and vicious rabid badgers deserves to have their car stolen.
    Not everyone has those ethics.

I once did some work on my car in an apartment parking lot. I was using a hydraulic "bottle" jack. When I finished, I cleaned up and took my tools inside. I forgot about the jack. An hour later, I went looking for it and it was gone.

I told a neighbor that someone had stolen my jack. I explained the circumstances. He said "Your jack wasn't stolen. You gave it away."

I couldn't grok that at the time; I was still a kid. If I had found a jack in the parking lot, I would have knocked on every door in the building trying to find the owner.

However, as I have since learned, not everyone thinks that way.

Heck, the entire Travelers sub-culture in the U.S. actually believes that if they can successfully steal from you, they should. Why? Because God wants them to have your stuff if they prove themselves worthy of it by not getting caught.

Back on topic, I found three possibly helpful links for grasshopperglock:

Keypad code for explorer 06 EB - YouTube

How to Find the 5 Digit Default Keyless Code on Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer

Keyless entry pad code location - Ford Explorer & Ranger Resource "Serious Explorations"®

hth

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Here's the bottom line. Show up at a Ford dealer with title in hand/proof of ownership and request the key code. The parts department will be able to give you the code. The second and final solution is bring the Exploder to the dealer and have them connect the WDS to the vehicle and have them pull the key code that way. The second option will run you about $150 for less than 2 minutes of their time. That's the end all. And yes, I'm a Ford Lincoln Master Tech. Not a GOLD ASE tech.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's the bottom line. Show up at a Ford dealer with title in hand/proof of ownership and request the key code. The parts department will be able to give you the code. The second and final solution is bring the Exploder to the dealer and have them connect the WDS to the vehicle and have them pull the key code that way. The second option will run you about $150 for less than 2 minutes of their time. That's the end all. And yes, I'm a Ford Lincoln Master Tech. Not a GOLD ASE tech.

Thatll work!!!!

Hows the new Fusion doing? I want one. Opinions on how shes made???

Top Bottom