Ejector rod housing is broken

45 2 (Large).jpg

45 9 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

Reinz

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2014
East TX
Hawes Western Marshal was popular in the 70’s. I believe That they were made my JP Sauer and Son. My dad had really nice ones; very well built with deep dark bluing.

The one in the OP is nothing representative of what I have seen. Maybe that one is an economy model. Sure looks rode hard and put up wet too.

I’ve owned a few over years and sold them for dumbass reason. I still have one or two of their chrome derringers.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
A quick google turns up: " The Hawes Western Marshal was a foreign made copy of the Colt model of 1873 "Single Action Army" revolver. ... Great Western Arms. Hawes Firearms Inc. was based out of Los Angeles, but the guns were made in the West German city of Eckenforde by J.P. Sauer & Sohn during the late 1960's & throughout the 70's " I think that's wikipedia that responds.

I seem to recall a friend having one of those years ago. He broke the grips trying to hammer in a fence steeple (because he'd seen it done in cowboy movies).

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Bears a striking resemblance to the Colt Single Action pistols. I have heard of the name Hawes over the years on various gun forums, but don't know a lot about them. Seems like a neat pistol and hopefully you can get it back to shooting order soon.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
I remember when they were selling. Late 70’s/early 80’s.
They were competing against Colt for the SAA market. They were roughly half the price of a Colt.
One of my shooting buds had one. Nickeled .357. It worked okay. Not as quality as a Colt but a serviceable gun.
One thing that puzzles about German made clone guns is they don’t seem to build them for real world use. Sure they work but not for extensive use. Maybe because they shoot so little in Europe. Heck, over there 20rds is a range trip. Here that is one magazine. LoL

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads