• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So, most of what I read after searching seems to apply to the most recent ruling of lifting the limitation of "illegal knives" over 5 and a half inches being openly carried in most locations.

Bars, among other locations are still limited for those longer blades.

But...

Does anybody know if I can take my knife UNDER five and a half inches into a bar in Texas?

I tried searching, but like I said, I'm pretty terrible at it.
    Texas SOT

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I read the law, but it's been a while. IIRC, the only thing that is location/age restricted is those over 5 1/2 inches. What the cops say when they show up is a different matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    For years and years, I carried a knife in a sheath on my belt without a problem. Long before all this come up. Granted, mine was a Buck folder. But, multiple brothers, friends, and acquaintances carried fixed blades in sheaths without much trouble. Also depended on the location, management/owner, and clientele.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Well. I survived seeing the 80's cover band Spazmatics at Scout Bar without anyone feeling the point of my blade.

I pistol'ed up for the Waffle House afterwards. I only had so much room around my waist to pack stuff so I left the pepper spray in the truck.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm happy to hear it all worked out just like it was on paper. It really annoys me no end when some idjit has to come along and screw up a perfectly good evening. :-)

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yep. It did. I am trying to carry my knife on me all the time, when I’m wearing a belt, anyways.

If I don’t have a belt, I have a folding knife I carry in a pocket in my tactical corset.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep. It did. I am trying to carry my knife on me all the time, when I’m wearing a belt, anyways.

If I don’t have a belt, I have a folding knife I carry in a pocket in my tactical corset.
    If it is the kind of bars I at times may go, even though I don't drink, I can guarantee there are many knives, myself included.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Location based is now the rule as mentioned by OP.
    In essence, if cannot carry a gun then do not carry an over 5.5” knife. I carry a bit long OTF dagger always but do not go to 51% bars at all.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thank you for commenting. Seems a lot of places I go to sell food too so there is no 51 percent sign. Even a place I visited alone near the airport in Austin “Live Oak Brewing”, only had “unlicensed possession” signs, so boy was I glad to go back to the car and re-weapon up, as a lady out alone in a neighborhood I didn’t know.

Top Bottom