• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I feel like I'm being asked to prove that the sky is blue here.

NRA Life of Duty Channel:

"NRA Life of Duty serves and supports individuals who go to work protecting and defending the safety of the American people. This network was made for you – the ones we count on to fight for our freedoms every day. We hope this network becomes a great source of information and a powerful voice for the heroes who live a life of duty, each and every day."

"NRA Life of Duty's newest program dissects three words: "Defending Our America." We want to share what this phrase means—not to politicians or talking heads on the news—but to the people with their boots on the ground."

The whole channel is about glorifying state power in the form of the military & law enforcement. Gone are the days when it was understood that freedom meant freedom from govt power not through freedom through it. That is the point of the article that I started this thread with. The International Libertarian: Know The Enemy of Liberty: the National Rifle Association

If you don't want to listen to me then listen to John Trenchard who informed the Founders:

"If this Army does not enslave us, it is barely because we have a virtuous Prince that will not attempt it; and it is a most miserable thing to have no other Security for our Liberty, than the Will of a Man, though the most just Man living: For that is not a free Government where there is a good Prince (for even the most arbitrary Governments have had sometimes a Relaxation of their Miseries) but where it is so constituted, that no one can be a Tyrant if he would. Cicero says, though a Master does not tyrannize, yet it is a lamentable consideration that it is in his Power to do so; and therefore such a Power is to be trusted to none, which if it does not find a Tyrant, commonly makes one; and if not him, to be sure a Successor."

A SHORT HISTORY OF Standing Armies IN ENGLAND (A Short History of Standing Armies in England - Wikisource, the free online library)

There you go again! Quoting "out of context" sources.

If I told you your dog got cancer from walking on milk thistle, would you believe me?

Methinks you are a brilliant but misguided soul.

Be well.

darrenlobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    There you go again! Quoting "out of context" sources.

If I told you your dog got cancer from walking on milk thistle, would you believe me?

Methinks you are a brilliant but misguided soul.

Be well.

I can put wisdom before you but I can't make you accept it. May your chains set lightly upon you.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    2821566629_4eb8e82fdc_o.gif

Top Bottom