• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Anywhere open and far away from people that has a backstop or anything to go shoot? not talking ranges just secluded,safe areas to shoot without hearing "no rapid fire!"
    Capitol Armory ad

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Lone Star Range in Lockhart... (Texas that is..) MG
    I think he's just looking for a piece of land to shoot on. I was dreaming about the same thing earlier today.

Lone Star is a great range though. They're not as restrictive as some places, as long as you're competent and safe.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    yeah i'm looking for somewhere private and safe,not wanting to act like an idiot or anything. its just nice to shoot in the fresh air without the trappings of a range sometimes

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    At alpine also you can't shoot FMJ,I like to shoot that in my AK as its the cheapest to shoot.Theres only one range I know of that lets you do that and I'll never go back there.Its gibsons outpost.The owners are terrible,and I am a safe shooter but not to hear them tell it.sj

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Lately I've been thinking of finding a little land as well. Both for shooting and riding; been wanting a dirt bike again. Basically somewhere I can throw some gear in the truck and take off for a few days.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I shoot at a piece of property, about 20 minutes south of home, that my company owns. It's a grass farm so I've got 1585 clear, flat yards from the barn to the berm. I'll be out there shooting steel most Saturdays, working a rifle as far as I can (and trying to push it a bit further). My version of relaxing after a tough week.

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    I've been asking the shooters I know around town the same question, mainly, if they know anyone who owns one of these huge ranches or farms who likes to get out and plink. Driving 35-45 minutes and paying 10-15 bucks on top of the cost of ammo, is getting old fast!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    Lately I've been thinking of finding a little land as well. Both for shooting and riding; been wanting a dirt bike again. Basically somewhere I can throw some gear in the truck and take off for a few days.
    To Shorts and all my other D/FW compadres,

I live on 50 rural acres 11 miles south of Cleburne, or 12 miles west of Grandview (I-35W). I recently retired, and have been getting my place up to snuff after years of just doing enough to keep it in shape. There are many sites in my immediate area which are for sale, with acreage included. Additionally, when I get my new berm constructed (I've been using a 30 ft. stock tank embankment), I'll make an announcement, and we can plan a shooting get-together out here.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    To Shorts and all my other D/FW compadres,

I live on 50 rural acres 11 miles south of Cleburne, or 12 miles west of Grandview (I-35W). I recently retired, and have been getting my place up to snuff after years of just doing enough to keep it in shape. There are many sites in my immediate area which are for sale, with acreage included. Additionally, when I get my new berm constructed (I've been using a 30 ft. stock tank embankment), I'll make an announcement, and we can plan a shooting get-together out here.

That sounds like a mighty good time

I also second High Cap's offer. Move to the floor for vote

Top Bottom