• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    I've been thinking of buying a Lead Sled. Please talk me out of it. Which models have you used? Is it worth the money or space needed to store it?
    Lynx Defense

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    I have one and use it for zeroing a rifle. Other than that it is not practical to target shoot with.
    The sled can make repetitive shots with you out of the point of aim

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    I think it's better to use a bipod or front rest and a bag in the rear (OOC here I come). It's not that difficult to get stable and it'll make you a better shooter in the long run.
    Yeah, I'm not much of a bench shooter. I'd only use it for zeroing. Can't imagine where I'd store it the other 364 days a year.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I've belonged to a number of ranges that have one available for use or rent by the members, I don't think I would ever buy one.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I have one and my kids use it. My grandson uses it. I prefer old school bags, front and rear. As stated before, it has it's place for sighting in a new scope and getting off repetitive shots. That said, I've never had a problem doing the same with bags. But hey, I'm old.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have the 2 and 3 but I am usually bringing the caldwell stinger or bipod plus rear bag to the range The leadsleds are heavy and they dont provide anything that I cant get out of the stinger YMMV

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have been using one for several years....I mount scopes on it, clean barrels and other maintenance......and for working up magnum loads at the range...shooting 20+ rds of 300 Weatherby, 7mm Remington Magnum or even hot 45/70's cease to be fun after 4-5 rounds off a bench.........

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They don’t play well with ARs. The pistol grip gets in the way and you have to can’t it sideways .

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah, I'm not much of a bench shooter. I'd only use it for zeroing. Can't imagine where I'd store it the other 364 days a year.
    Zeroing in a Lead Sled isn't a great plan though since point of impact will change with you holding the rifle.

Getting it close? Sure.

Depending on what you're shooting and how far it could be greatly different.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t care for them. Can’t get comfortably behind the rifle due to the design and feel like I do just as well with a bipod and bag, or a couple bags set up properly. And those are far more useful outside of zeroing.

Top Bottom