• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Just a repeat on what I said in the other thread about Sterling:

Damn, news of Sterling's passing is very sad news indeed. Only knew him from his posts here but lots of them made me laugh. Always seemed to be a nice man and he will be missed. He was what, when I moved here, I expected Texan's to be: warm, welcoming, friendly and to the point and besides that he was as I indicated often funny. My heartfelt condolences to his wife, the rest of his family, his loved ones and friends. RIP.

A hat tip to Hoji for visiting him in the hospital.
    I saw there has been talk of some sort of a memorial. Has a time & location been set yet?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Does anyone who knows the family know if a fund drive would help with funeral expenses and help his wife out if she needs any financial help? If there's already a fund drive going, please let us know so we can help her out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Per the website listed below...

Service

Saturday, July 16 2022
    11:00 AM

The Barn
    3310 Dacy Lane
    Kyle, TX 78640

That address is the Hope Church:

1657407577969.png

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Not yet.

Anyone who finds out the final details should post it. I know I'll do so if I find out anything.
    I guess I was misunderstood. What I was asking about was what I thought were plans being made for a TGT memorial for Sterling. I could not make it to Austin for his family's memorial due to the travel time and prior commitments. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought there was something being planned by TGT to honor him - a couple of member shoots or something like that east & west?

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I miss Sterling.

It’s funny, because we never met in person. Never had one of those long talks about life and what it means. Never worked on something together, or shared a secret. All I know of Sterling I learned here. And I liked him.

I liked that he was an optimist despite the challenges life had presented him. His experiences gave him unique perspectives that he was comfortable sharing. His stories, quips, and advice were funny, but you could sense in them a wisdom that many never grow to possess.

Sterling was a genuinely good man, and that came through not only in his own words here, but in the stories others have told about him. I’m saddened we never had the opportunity to meet, I know we would have been friends.

My prayers go out to his family and to those whose lives he touched. The world is diminished in the absence of his easy laugh and contagious smile.

I miss Sterling.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I guess I was misunderstood. What I was asking about was what I thought were plans being made for a TGT memorial for Sterling. I could not make it to Austin for his family's memorial due to the travel time and prior commitments. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought there was something being planned by TGT to honor him - a couple of member shoots or something like that east & west?
    Nothing stopping you from coordinating and setting up a memorial shoot & meet in his honor in your neck of the woods for members close to you.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

The east/west TGT memorial discussion began at #174 here.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    WOW! This is sad news indeed. Although I had met him once, I am terrible with names until I've used it several times. I also knew he had some health issues, but I didn't really understand how serious it was. I talked with him a bit at one of the meets and knew right away he had a great sense of humor, and certainly it showed in his posts here. Being a bit of a joker myself, I knew he could handle what I threw at him and never seemed to take it personal, I will miss him. Sad.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom