• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Met him several years ago when he was going through a rough patch ( thanks Obama ) I was able to help him out a little. Won’t go into the details, but he was a neighbor ( 10 miles or so) and I was able to do something.
    I am so glad I reached out because while we didn’t hang out much ( both of us being on the road for work) when we did it was a hoot.

His wife told us yesterday that he was saved, so she knew she would be seeing him again.

Going to miss our occasional BBQ lunches and phone calls.

If he had a rotten bone in his body, he removed it long ago. A truly good man and the world is lessened by his passing.

I am a better person for knowing him.

Brother, keep my dogs company until we meet again. Some of them are a little defective, but you hung out here and with me in person so I know you can deal with a little defective.
    Gun Zone Deals

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    @kyletxria1911a1 I met him once at a meet and he was a nice guy. my heart goes out to his wife and children.

Here's his last post

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I never met Sterling but we did the PM several times. I was hoping to meet him at our last reunion but at the last moment, he couldn't make it. I really enjoyed all of the light heart bantering that went with,almost, all of his postings. He will be missed.

RIP in peace my brother from a different mother.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Not much that I can add that hasn't been said, or that others don't already know about Sterling. Several months ago I reached out to him in a PM and sent him my phone number and whe called me and we conversed on the phone a few times. We had made plans to get together in October and hang out, shoot some guns and shoot the shit and eat some BBQ!. I'm sad that won't be happening now. Sterling had a huge heart and wonderful personality, and you felt like he was a life-long friend just after talking to him.

My condolences to his wife and family. This forum, this world is a lesser place with him gone. I do envy all that did get to meet him in person and were able to get to know him and hang out with him. Truly a sad day today.

gll

TGT Addict
    Jan 22, 2016
    Never met him, but I laughed at, and with, Sterling here...

There are a number of us here at an age where we could conceivably check out any day, but despite his recent health issues I wouldn't have expected it to be Sterling... He seemed to live his life to the fullest right up until the very end!

He'll be notable for his absence and perhaps by the increased availability of freed white women...

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've already told my staff I'd like to attend his funeral so they need to be prepared to rearrange our schedule. I never met him personally. If anyone knows the arrangements and if the family will allow strangers, please pass along the info.

Thanks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    @kyletxria1911a1 I met him once at a meet and he was a nice guy. my heart goes out to his wife and children.

Here's his last post

I went to that post and left it a "like."

I suggest that everyone else do the same, as we've done for others.

Top Bottom