DK Firearms

Legally Carrying Sword & Dagger? (Pursuant to 46.15 / 46.02 discussion)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    You're single right? Do yourself a favor and go camping at the next renfest. You don't even have to go in the actual festival. There's plenty of fun at the campground.
    This. Always more than a couple (dozen) co-eds running around drunk on mead and looking to hook up in a pup tent. :P

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    This. Always more than a couple (dozen) co-eds running around drunk on mead and looking to hook up in a pup tent. :P

Drunk coeds?

Hmmm...
    I'm gettin' an idea for a business venture.

Girls-Gone-Wild-Logo-psd8705.png

** RENAISSANCE FAIRE **

Mikel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Bryan
    Good question. I used to carry my sword there all the time. Now I'm wondering if that was a no-no. People sure liked to stop me and look at it. A few even looked at it and then bought their own.

edit:...Talk about a thread going downhill... LOL, I replied to the OP then read the rest... ROFLMAO.

T

txfreeranger

I ran across this in the Tx penal code (j) Subsections (a), (a-1), (a-2), (a-3), and (b)(1) do not apply to a historical reenactment performed in compliance with the rules of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I ran across this in the Tx penal code (j) Subsections (a), (a-1), (a-2), (a-3), and (b)(1) do not apply to a historical reenactment performed in compliance with the rules of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

Holy thread resurrection Batman. Perhaps with it being Easter weekend it is apropos

That would be interesting if you actually sourced it. :banghead:

We have no idea where that is located, nor to what those subsections refer unless you list the source.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Illegal knives are those over 5 1/2 inches. Swords and spears are also listed.

The law requires that you carry your CHL and handgun to be exempt from 46.02. Since you cannot carry a handgun under 30.06, then it is a violation to carry a sword or spear there.

I suppose if you were an actor in an event, that could be a lawful sporting event. Perhaps.
    Great, time to carry my handgun concealed and my katana, for my halloween costume

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I thought you guys would shut this down quick. The Renaissance fest is not held on public property. Its property owned or controlled by the Festival. If the people in control want your swords flapping in the breeze they have every right to allow it, or control it as they see fit. Owning the weapons in question is legal. Transporting them is lawful. Happy folks pretending to live in the dark ages. IMHO

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I thought you guys would shut this down quick. The Renaissance fest is not held on public property. Its property owned or controlled by the Festival. If the people in control want your swords flapping in the breeze they have every right to allow it, or control it as they see fit. Owning the weapons in question is legal. Transporting them is lawful. Happy folks pretending to live in the dark ages. IMHO

I am not sure your point. Are you suggesting that a private property owner could let a person carry a weapon otherwise illegal to carry? For example, I could let people carry swords on my property just because I want to?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I am not sure your point. Are you suggesting that a private property owner could let a person carry a weapon otherwise illegal to carry? For example, I could let people carry swords on my property just because I want to?

Yes

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hey guys its ok if you carry around unregistered full auto at my house ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

That is incorrect. The law makes it unlawful to carry a sword on on about your person unless you are on your own premises or premises under your control, or enroute to or in a motor vehicle that you own or that is under your control. There are other small exceptions, but none are "if the property owner gives permission".

Penal Code 46.02

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    That is incorrect. The law makes it unlawful to carry a sword on on about your person unless you are on your own premises or premises under your control, or enroute to or in a motor vehicle that you own or that is under your control. There are other small exceptions, but none are "if the property owner gives permission".

Penal Code 46.02
    Consulted with an attorney. If the item is legally owned it can be legally carried on private property with consent of owner. Remember we're talking private property.

Top Bottom