• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    So, how many PMs have you gotten saying "Don't bother to list it; just PM me."?

None but I went by his place last night and got some pictures so I'm sure he's gonna' list it. As soon as he gets the pictures he wants to use and the complete description, I'll post it for him and inquiries can be made to his email. It's really nice, has a round counter on it, loaded chamber indicator, etc.
    Guns International

mrappe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Due to my involvement in Cowboy Action Shooting, I have a original 73 Winchester made in 1886 in 38/40, a original 92 Winchester in 32/20 and a Rossi Puma 92 in .357. They are a lot of fun to shoot.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    I have a 9422 xtr I bought new in 1980. It's a safe queen with a couple of hundred rds through it. Looks like it's new. A couple of years ago I bought a Marlin 39A mid 80s before the cross bolt safty and hammer rebound. Real clean. I haven't shot it much but plan to. I hate having a "safe queen" but the Winchester is too pretty to scratch up or ding-both a blessing and a curse!

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have a 9422 xtr I bought new in 1980. It's a safe queen with a couple of hundred rds through it. Looks like it's new. A couple of years ago I bought a Marlin 39A mid 80s before the cross bolt safty and hammer rebound. Real clean. I haven't shot it much but plan to. I hate having a "safe queen" but the Winchester is too pretty to scratch up or ding-both a blessing and a curse!

I have an HK 91 that is in the same predicament. It's too nice (still in original box) but has less than 100 rnds through it.
    If you take it out, just be REAL careful and clean it WELL. They are meant to be FIRED and are easier to keep and maintain than a classic car. You would want to drive the car. Even Jay Leno drives his billion dollar cars once-in-a-while.

bob

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm planning to pick up a Rossi in .357 to suppress.

Course, that 45-70 is pretty sweet, I just don't have any hogs to shoot with it.

My dad called today and said he got a Henry in .22 mag. Can't wait to check it out, but gotta get over there when my mom ain't around. It seems she wasn't informed :roflsmile:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gonna put barrel length pretty long with a 20" start.

I'd probably be tempted to go cheap, but I think it would bug me over time and I would end up going back to have it cut.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Lever action shooters, would you pay $65 to thread a 20" barrel, or $275 to chop to 16", modify mag tube, and thread? Same gun as in post #31.

My opinion,
    just thread it.
    I hate losing mag capacity.

I sure understand wanting less overall length with a can though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My opinion,
    just thread it.
    I hate losing mag capacity.

I sure understand wanting less overall length with a can though.

I considered mag capacity when it came to a .357 lever gun too, but got the idea of modifying .38 brass and shortening it to get capacity back with some subsonic rounds.

Would be a fun project.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I considered mag capacity when it came to a .357 lever gun too, but got the idea of modifying .38 brass and shortening it to get capacity back with some subsonic rounds.

Would be a fun project.

Ain't much use in running magnums subsonic anyways.

Top Bottom