• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    America 2014: Christians and Christian businesses are being persecuted.

Baker forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit | Fox News

For you church goers, how long do you really think it will be before Bible believing churches are driven underground? Professing biblical beliefs will be considered hate speech very shortly I fear.

*Nope. I don't hate gay folks. I hate their sin. If this baker refused to make a cake that a married guy was buying for his girlfriend I'd be fine with that too.

How is this even "legal"? Are gays a "protected class" now like the disabled?
    Target Sports

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I'd refuse. You have every right to deny service to anyone for any reason. I don't have any problem with gays except for the tactics like the open carry people here: shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. You want to be gay, go ahead. You want to open carry, go ahead. As long as you don't force it upon me, then do whatever makes you happy. HOWEVER, once you start forcing it upon me, then we have a problem.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not a church goer, but I'd like to weigh in with my heathen libertarian view.

This is complete BS. A business owner should have the right to choose who they serve on any basis they see fit. Be it race, religions, sexual preference, dress code, etc.

I don't believe this is an attack on Christians, but another attack on real freedom and individual rights.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'd refuse. You have every right to deny service to anyone for any reason. I don't have any problem with gays except for the tactics like the open carry people here: shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. You want to be gay, go ahead. You want to open carry, go ahead. As long as you don't force it upon me, then do whatever makes you happy. HOWEVER, once you start forcing it upon me, then we have a problem.

Catch is, the courts in Colorado are forcing it on this guy. He has to fill out paperwork annually to prove he is compliant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Catch is, the courts in Colorado are forcing it on this guy. He has to fill out paperwork annually to prove he is compliant.

I understand that, but I'd still refuse. Fight it up and up through the courts if need be. It's an erosion of our rights as citizens of this nation. If someone doesn't want me in their store because I'm fat, then they have every right to that. Just means that I won't spend my money there and I'll do my best to persuade others not to spend their money there. Let the free enterprise system work.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I understand that, but I'd still refuse. Fight it up and up through the courts if need be. It's an erosion of our rights as citizens of this nation. If someone doesn't want me in their store because I'm fat, then they have every right to that. Just means that I won't spend my money there and I'll do my best to persuade others not to spend their money there. Let the free enterprise system work.

I'm with you, I agree completely. Problem is, gays have succeeded in becoming a protected class, to the detriment of religious rights.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

This is complete BS. A business owner should have the right to choose who they serve on any basis they see fit. Be it race, religions, sexual preference, dress code, etc.

I don't believe this is an attack on Christians, but another attack on real freedom and individual rights.

This is indeed an attack on a businessman but its because he is a Christian. Its also an attack on free speech.

Its insane. I really need to understand the claimed legal reasoning here, it must be this whole protected class business.

Filling out quarterly paperwork to stay compliant is just a bit Orwellian no?

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo

Pretty much agree with this. The bill of rights and equal treatment etc. is supposed to be applied to the government, not to private individuals or businesses.

I do think some nondiscrimination legislation had its place but it's long since past.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    For the record, same-sex marriage is against the law in Colorado.
    Seems the State is violating the anti discrimination law and a better place for the gays to focus their energy instead of on sweets.

I hope Phillips has the means and support to fight this.

Top Bottom