• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Id love to see the legal reasoning behind this. I just don't see how you can force a private business to do business with someone.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Id love to see the legal reasoning behind this. I just don't see how you can force a private business to do business with someone.

Well you see by them not selling them the cake it brings in the possibility of the client possibly buying a cake out of state. Therefore the business is actually involved in interstate commerce and can be regulated under the commerce clause found in Article One, Section 8 of the the Constitution of these United States.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I think they are considered a "protected class" now?

Government interfering in commerce within a state is nuts.
    Yep pretty much. Im not religious at all and don't have a problem with gays but this whole ordeal is BS. Let the free market decide whether the business owner has made a bad decision by refusing to serve gays. Kinda like that guy who owns the noodle shop in Austin that made some bad comments about blacks, within days of it getting out he had to shut down.

The gay rights movement like the civil rights movement has gone well past its useful shelf-life.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    It's just a matter of time before the gay mafia forces churches to either perform gay weddings or give up their tax exemption.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Move to Texas.

That's not always the answer. I was blessed enough to be born & raised here. But I'll leave you with this:
    ta2ybu3u.jpg

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Baker Faces Prison for Refusing to Bake Same-Sex Wedding Cake

I'm more worried about what's gonna happen in Texas (and Virginia) because of the lib.gov judges ruled our marriage bans and amendments unconstitutional.

Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary recently addressed this. He says it will happen. And churches are going to have to choose. Its a binary issue. There is no grey zone. Southern Baptists are having their convention this week or next I think. There is a congregation out in California which is now accepting the gay lifestyle. They will have to break away from the convention unless God forbid the convention changes from what is biblical.

I go to a Bible church but have strong allegiance to the Southern Baptists but count you Catholics as strong allies as well. Diversity!

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary recently addressed this. He says it will happen. And churches are going to have to choose. Its a binary issue. There is no grey zone. Southern Baptists are having their convention this week or next I think. There is a congregation out in California which is now accepting the gay lifestyle. They will have to break away from the convention unless God forbid the convention changes from what is biblical.

I go to a Bible church but have strong allegiance to the Southern Baptists but count you Catholics as strong allies as well. Diversity!

It will be interesting to see the strain on the church/state relationship, when RC or SB churches deny these people and they take it to court.

I have no faith in the lib.gov judges. I'm willing to bet that they will continue to violate the Constitution, saying freedom of religion and the separation of church and states doesn't apply to gays.

Sad times, my friend.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It will be interesting to see the strain on the church/state relationship, when RC or SB churches deny these people and they take it to court.

I have no faith in the lib.gov judges. I'm willing to bet that they will continue to violate the Constitution, saying freedom of religion and the separation of church and states doesn't apply to gays.

Sad times, my friend.

Got to do all we can. Build faith, build community and prepare for whatever may come our way.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

As Ive said before Im not religious but grew up in the Baptist sect of Christianity so Im fairly familiar with it. Ive always wondered how gays could go to Christian churches even though the bible says homosexuality is a sin?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Ive always wondered how gays could go to Christian churches even though the bible says homosexuality is a sin?

Karl: "The Bible says two men ought not lay together. But I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades."

mmmm hmmm
    slingblade-003.jpg

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As Ive said before Im not religious but grew up in the Baptist sect of Christianity so Im fairly familiar with it. Ive always wondered how gays could go to Christian churches even though the bible says homosexuality is a sin?

Well everyone sitting in church has sinned and many still are sinning. The difference is once a Christian we are to "go forth and sin no more". Of course people still sin but as they are sanctified their sins are reduced and reduced. Paul who wrote most of the NT hated his sin, hated that he kept sinning. But...he didnt just gives into it and say it was his "lifestyle" or that he was "good enough".

People in gay lifestyles definitely need to hear the whole gospel.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo

An alliance between Southern Baptists and Catholics, peace on earth might just be possible afterall ;)

I do feel for the religious in this country. They are getting hosed badly, especially the Christians. The muslims will get screwed to but they are a protected class for the moment. Wait til the left starts figuring out how conservative most of them are on these issues and they'll be up against the wall just the same.

I would really love to get in the head and pick the brain of these pastors and clergy people that claim to be Christian while openly violating rules laid out in the book they preach from.

Top Bottom