• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    In that case you went wrong when you reproduced. Where's your social responsibility? How could you have brought more burden on the earth's resources like that?
    You become irresponsible when you stop caring about the world around you. It really sounds stupid when someone implies they shouldn't care in what environment their children will be born into. Sorry, but I completely disagree with what you think. You sound like you are trying to say that people shouldn't care about what's going on and should just care about themselves. Should we stop voting and caring who gets elected into office, should we not care that are constitution is being raped? If this is what America is turning into then it's just a matter of time.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Its time to move into orbIt.

This expansion would open up unlimited resources and space

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    My grandparents were farmers. They owned a lot of land in Oklahoma. They can tell you from experience, fuel got more expensive, and the price for crops got lower.

Heck, a lot of farmers get paid to not farm.

I'm not worried about food shortages. There is a lot of space in the world.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i dunno... if they figured out suspended animation before they figure out TransWarp Drive, i would be first to sign up, take a 85000 year nap, hitch a ride on an Ion Sail craft and head to Gliese 581 system and look for a nice planet to land on.

:)

turn on the robot builder machines and begin to colonize New Texas.

hell even without warp drive, if we could jsut get about 9/10s the speed of light we could get to alpha centauri in what? 3 years? ofcourse that is jsut for the people ont he craft. on eart more than 3000 years would have passed. or somethign liek that.

currently though, if we used a nuclear powered ship (still theoretical) it would take a good 85 years to get to proxima centauri... the closest star.

gah...
    my kingdom for some dilithium crystals...

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    i dunno... if they figured out suspended animation before they figure out TransWarp Drive, i would be first to sign up, take a 85000 year nap, hitch a ride on an Ion Sail craft and head to Gliese 581 system and look for a nice planet to land on.

:)

hell even without warp drive, if we could jsut get about 9/10s the speed of light we could get to alpha centauri in what? 3 years? ofcourse that is jsut for the people ont he craft. on eart more than 3000 years would have passed. or somethign liek that.

currently though, if we used a nuclear powered ship (still theoretical) it would take a good 85 years to get to proxima centauri... the closest star.

Last edited by a moderator:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You become irresponsible when you stop caring about the world around you. It really sounds stupid when someone implies they shouldn't care in what environment their children will be born into. Sorry, but I completely disagree with what you think. You sound like you are trying to say that people shouldn't care about what's going on and should just care about themselves. Should we stop voting and caring who gets elected into office, should we not care that are constitution is being raped? If this is what America is turning into then it's just a matter of time.

You put a lot in my mouth there and didn't even say please.

I'm just not worried about over population. Don't assume more than that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Expand into space
    Yep, the neighborhood has gone down hill. Time to move ;)

lol... WIN

I feel that we are facing some serious crises, but I don't think overpopulation is one of them. People tend to crowd into cities, become interdependent, and forget how to work the land. There is quite a lot of wide open spaces still available to anyone who wants to work it and live that life.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm waiting to retire to a farm/ranch as a feudal lord and use the city folk as indentured servants when they run out of food.

Seriously, the human race populates on a J curve. There will be a large die off and we'll start all over with plenty of land for everyone. I can't wait to have rides like this...
    i045621.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    That "Intro to Idiocracy" is exactly right. This whole idea that we were all going to starve was brought up in the 1960's (and, yes, there are parts of that decade I remember). A very popular book at that time was "The Population Bomb" and it predicted that we would be reduced to a "Road Warrior" kind of world by 1980. As a result, all sorts of "smart" people started limiting the size of their family. By the 1970's, the Women's Liberation movement convinced women that you could indeed "have it all" by waiting until you were financially well off before you had kids, then only have one or two so that there would be plenty of money to educate and set those kids up for the future.

As a result of these ideas - which seemed very logical at the time and still seem so on the surface - the people who actually make things go on this planet began to reduce their numbers. Many women who put off having kids found they no longer could have them (as in the video). The ignorant, useless, leeches of the planet, who could give a rat's ass about "Mother Earth", continued to pop out rug rats at the same pace as always. China forced families to limit themselves to having one kid (or two with special permission) and since the culture demands sons, abortions soared and the generation coming to majority in China today has far more men than women. (Historically when this has happened, war has been the result. China's neighbors are understandably worried about the military build-up going on there (financed by the money we spend on Chinese goods).

How overpopulated is the world? If you took all the people in the world and had them live at the density that people live in Hong Kong, they would take up less land space than the state of Texas. Gee, that leaves a LOT of land that could raise crops, doesn't it!

So my advice to the young folks - based on 50 years of observation of reality - is to go ahead and have as many kids as you want, have them when you are young and can enjoy them, and stop listening to these "experts" because all of their philosophy is based upon idealistic rhetoric that has nothing to do with the way life works. You will NEVER have enough money to comfortably afford kids. Trust me. Hell, you will probably never have enough money to afford a wife (I know I don't)! You'll adjust and make things work. That's reality.

Just in case you require another opinion, try Matthew 6:25, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is life not more than food and the body not more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

And, Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let today's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

Top Bottom