Gun Zone Deals

Living social selling CHL class for $198!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Philadelphia - Western Suburbs 1-Day Deals

"Stunt Ranch Tactical" in Austin claims they normally sell their CHL class for $399 but they are offering it at the low low price of $198. Wow.

Tactical Choices

chlj.jpg
    DK Firearms

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    I think you hit that one on the head with the Wow!!! Thats way to expensive unless they are providing the ammo and giving away an IWB holster for your gun lol

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    $0.01 is too much for a CHL class or paying for a permission to carry. Anything else is too much.

True but our rights cost money nowadays in order to grease the wheels of government... it costs money to get a permit to protest, it costs money to uphold your rights for free speech, it costs money to get the right to carry a gun in public...

It doesn't however cost anything to bear arms at home or in your car so if it's too much for a citizen they can definitely feel free to embark upon that path...

What a gip for a class though... I feel sorry for anyone that thought this was a deal...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Steve, the guy that runs this, actually does more than just the basic CHL course. It involves mindset, basic handgun marksmanship, etc. It's like having a basic pistol instruction course with a CHL course, and at $198, it's not that bad of a price for people that are beginners, and let's face it ... the vast majority of CHL students don't know anything.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Steve, the guy that runs this, actually does more than just the basic CHL course. It involves mindset, basic handgun marksmanship, etc. It's like having a basic pistol instruction course with a CHL course, and at $198, it's not that bad of a price for people that are beginners, and let's face it ... the vast majority of CHL students don't know anything.

that actually sounds like a pretty decent deal. as somone who is self taught, i have been wanting to take a real class, and if i get a chl out of it, so be it!

will have to look into this i reckon.

• Tactical CHL
    • Tactical Handgun Skills
    • Advanced Handgun Skills
    • Defensive Shotgun
    • Anti-Crime Driving
    • Long Range Rifle
    • Hand to Hand
    • Edged Weapon Skills
    • First Aid and CPR
    • Survival, Shelter and Getting Found
    • Escape and Evasion
    • Electronic Surveillance
    • Lock Picking
    • Rescue Rigging, Ziplines and Rappelling
    • "Must-Have" Gear
    • Bomb Detecting and Diffusing
    • Explosives
    • Scuba Diving
    damn. i see a few things i would liek to learn about in there.

anybody know the actual real world quality of these courses or are they liek the knives in a BudK catalog? or the "Ninja knives" section of CTD?
    i amhoping for the Kabar of classes ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

How long is the class, then?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

The class they are selling here is described as a 10 hour CHL class.

Here is a description of the class: http://www.badassschool.com/chl.php
    Looks like they add a bunch of buzz words to justify the crazy price. Are these guys also the owners of DRT ammo?

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Well I went to the website and read this

Course Fee: $399. 10 hours of training (as required by law) - conducted in one day, or broken into two five hour sessions on consecutive days. See the schedule for a choice of dates.

Your life may depend on the quality of your CHL class. If you are price shopping, ask other instructors if their classes include this warranty:

CHL_WARRANTY_3_WEB.jpg

NO ONE ELSE MAKES THIS OFFER:

For as long as you maintain your CHL, Stunt Ranch Tactical will provide you with emergency support if you ever have to use your handgun in self defense.

We will arrange for our on-call attorney, who is specially trained in deadly force law, to meet you as soon as you are able to confer with an attorney, even at the scene of the incident.

We will intervene on your behalf with the police, and we will help protect your reputation by handling the media for you, making sure that you and your actions are portrayed fairly.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    You can only teach so much in 10 hours...........i definetly wouldnt pay the price. If this was a multi day class it might be worth it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So then it is a CHL class/attorney insurance policy? If that is the case, I see more value, but the ad I saw was for a 10 for CHL class. I didn't see anything about the other parts af the package. My question would then be: Just curious...How many of your students have been involved in shootings and required your services?

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    So then it is a CHL class/attorney insurance policy?

Thats what I got from it

If that is the case, I see more value, but the ad I saw was for a 10 for CHL class. I didn't see anything about the other parts af the package. My question would then be: Just curious...How many of your students have been involved in shootings and required your services?

That would be some good information and if after your liscense expires if you have to retake thier class again to keep the "warranty" and I wold say probably not that many considering they still offer it

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom