Guns International

Local JBT's interfere with family in car.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bottom line is, they did a good thing. Helped these people out of a tight spot. I bet the family is not so concerned about their motives, just thankful for the help.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm not sure of the dates of this "event" but within the last 3 months the city did this big thing trying to turn the police from fight crime to homeless outreach...

According to the local paper and my calculator CPD spends 17,000 per capita on homeless enforcement activities annually.

So while I am in the beneglish camp of charity should be done not broadcasted. It makes a lot of sense in grand political scheme of things. And certainly something they've made an effort to bring to the political forefront. (Let's face it, City wants to get its hands on those millions of dollars the PD is spending in aid for pork in their re-election efforts).

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Let them have credit for doing something good. Maybe it will encourage others.

I used to support a plant in CC and I have to say that CCPD didn't enjoy the most stellar of reputations. Like any other organization, they have their share of good and bad.

Last time I was in Corpus, we were in a neighborhood where my wife grew up. Not a great neighborhood, BTW. I was getting some gas at a convenience store when 4 CCPD cars suddenly hot rolled into the parking lot and the cops jumped out with hands on pistols. Had a weird moment of trying to decide if I needed to hit the dirt or not. It looked like some bum had walked out with a 6 pack under his long coat (it was 90 degrees out, so I don't need to describe the perp), and that's what the fuss was. Made a note to self not to visit the wife's old neighborhood again.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Let them have credit for doing something good. Maybe it will encourage others.

I used to support a plant in CC and I have to say that CCPD didn't enjoy the most stellar of reputations. Like any other organization, they have their share of good and bad.

Last time I was in Corpus, we were in a neighborhood where my wife grew up. Not a great neighborhood, BTW. I was getting some gas at a convenience store when 4 CCPD cars suddenly hot rolled into the parking lot and the cops jumped out with hands on pistols. Had a weird moment of trying to decide if I needed to hit the dirt or not. It looked like some bum had walked out with a 6 pack under his long coat (it was 90 degrees out, so I don't need to describe the perp), and that's what the fuss was. Made a note to self not to visit the wife's old neighborhood again.

And just for the record. I'd assume it's not the boots on the ground disclosing this, it's the brass. As I'll assume they have a media policy that prohibits talking to the media.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Doesn't helping someone feel good? Even when you don't tell a soul about it? That good feeling is self serving. Don't over analyze it.

Yes, but you're not supposed to dwell on it. Or do it for that reason, becaause it makes you feel good.

Jesus said "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself," and he talked about the "good Samaritan". This is what I believe these guys were doing, publicity or not. Thinking about the children involved brings a tear to my eye.

The Lord will judge the quality of the deed accordingly.

The title of the thread asks for the negativity imho. No surprise.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom