• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Safety briefings are series stuff.............

0.jpg

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Let me get this straight........you can NOT shoot your rifle off-hand on the RIFLE range but you CAN shoot your rifle off-hand on the pistol range?

What is the distance?

Rifle is 50/75/100 yard. Pistol is 3/7/21 yards, I believe. I can understand zeroing in your rifle at 21 yards then moving over to the rifle range, however, people like to take their AR/AK and do mag dumps, especially if they've got a bumpstock (which is only allowed on the pistol range).

The reason for no off-hand shooting on the rifle range is because it's easier to go over the berm when it's 100 yards away versus 25 yards away. They've got their house behind the berms somewhere (I don't think it's directly in line, but close enough that it matters).

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Rifle is 50/75/100 yard. Pistol is 3/7/21 yards, I believe. I can understand zeroing in your rifle at 21 yards then moving over to the rifle range, however, people like to take their AR/AK and do mag dumps, especially if they've got a bumpstock (which is only allowed on the pistol range).

The reason for no off-hand shooting on the rifle range is because it's easier to go over the berm when it's 100 yards away versus 25 yards away. They've got their house behind the berms somewhere (I don't think it's directly in line, but close enough that it matters).

Thanks for the info.

linx310

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Texas
    Do they allow NFA now on the pistol range? I have a few select-fire (yes I have the stamps) items I could bring. Just wondering because if they allow bump stocks on the pistol range why not select fire stuff.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just loaded up another hundred rounds of .45. Maybe that will be manly enough for Moonpie. I was thinking about packing nothing but .22's just to irritate him. Oh Hell, I'll probably just do it anyway.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just loaded up another hundred rounds of .45. Maybe that will be manly enough for Moonpie. I was thinking about packing nothing but .22's just to irritate him. Oh Hell, I'll probably just do it anyway.

Awesome. Will be sure to bring my .45 and get free ammo. LoL

Top Bottom