Lynx Defense

Lone Star Citizens Defense League, to join or not to join?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was just introduced to LSCDL, wondering if y'all could give some thoughts and opinions on how well they do and how much work they do. I saw a membership is only $25 for the Basic and was thinking about joining, just don't know enough about their history/success.
    DK Firearms

Jecsd1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Texas
    espy59lc, The LSCDL is a grassroots, volunteer organization working toward the goal of restoring the right of open carry to the citizens of Texas. Once we accomplish OC we've got our sights on a few other BS Texas gun laws with the end goal being complete constitutional carry in Texas. I have been a member since January. Granted, we are just starting out and are still small but so was the AZ CDL in the beginning (and we all know how far they've pushed gun rights in AZ). In this short time we have accomplished a lot! We worked with legislators and had the first ever OC bill introduced in the TX legislature. Three of our members (myself included) personally testified at the capitol for the bill hearing. TSRA or NRA aren't doing that for you. We have made a name for ourselves and the legislators (or at least most of them) know us and take us seriously. We are and will continue to work with the legislators in the time before the next session so we are ready to hit the ground running.

Like you said, it's only $25. Hell, I can't even buy a box of .40 S&W at walmart for $25.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They started from just an idea on this site and in a very short time organized and got some bills written and introduced. They moved at light speed in political terms... The prez is a bit of a hothead, but I foresee good things from the organization

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm pretty sure nobody expected them to be able to get OC where they got it this last session.
    Just makes you wonder what they can do if they really push for the next two years leading up to the next legislative session.

My own thoughts....
    If it looks like it can happen in the next leg, the NRA and TSRA will probably jump in to support it.
    They'll walk away with the credit for whatever comes away with it, but LSCDL will be the ones who got it going and in the end, we will all win.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I don't think that the NRA wants anything to do with open carry, I can't think of any time they supported it except for California because of how hard it is to get a ccw their.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Generally speaking, the NRA looks to support the wishes of their local members. In the instance of Texas, that's via the TSRA. The biggest bottleneck is the TSRA. In fairness to them, it's some of their political folks that are the biggest issue. I've spoken w/the new TSRA President, who was initially against OC, but kept an open mind and discussed it with me for about an hour. He didn't say "Okay, yeah - I'm a convert!!" When we were done, but he DID acknowledge that he had some new things to think over - and that's all I ask - an open mind.

Too many times, we tend to use a hammer to drive in a tack - fellow gun owners ARE our friends, and if we'll remember that as we DISCUSS OC with them, it would be in our best interest.

And gun owners opposed to OC.......may I remind you that OC proponents are YOUR friends as well....

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I just joined.. What the heck, its only $25, and it's right here at home.. Looks like a group I wouldn't mind be active with.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Besides their ill fated open carry attempt (did it even make it out of committee?) and posting lies on forums about the gun range law and attacking the TSRA and Charles Cotton personally, what did the LSCDL do?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If nothing else, they TRIED - and that is more than TSRA did. As far as Charles Cotton goes, IMO he's a pompous ass that goes out of his way to insult folks, then stands back and acts surprised when they react. As for their issues w/the TSRA....the same Charles Cotton and Co. insults folks who even dare ASK for OC - so I can't blame them for being upset w/TSRA.....and I'm a Life Member!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Open Carry made it out of committee. It would have gone further, but Charles Cotton told everyone it would cause business owners to put up more 30.06 signs (which is nonsense).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If nothing else, they TRIED - and that is more than TSRA did. As far as Charles Cotton goes, IMO he's a pompous ass that goes out of his way to insult folks, then stands back and acts surprised when they react. As for their issues w/the TSRA....the same Charles Cotton and Co. insults folks who even dare ASK for OC - so I can't blame them for being upset w/TSRA.....and I'm a Life Member!

Some more of that respectful posting I was warned about?

Are we still to the point that we call others names who we disagree with?

that people who behave this way support the LSCDL convinces me to not support them

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Some more of that respectful posting I was warned about?

Are we still to the point that we call others names who we disagree with?

that people who behave this way support the LSCDL convinces me to not support them

I have an opinion formed after discussions with him. Last I heard, I have the right to have an opinion about someone, and to speak about it - or do you now have regulatory authority w/regards to that.

For the record - since it's obvious you're on your OWN personal crusade.....I am not a member of the LSCDL. Never have been. Sorry to ruin your perceptions.....

Top Bottom