Patriot Mobile

Lone Star Citizens Defense League, to join or not to join?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jecsd1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Texas
    If you don't want to join LSCDL then don't. If you do then, do. I'm damn proud of the effort I and all the other members have put forth this year. We will continue our efforts and can use all the help y'all can give. We ARE trying and we DID get a OC bill farther than ever before in Texas history. Draw your own conclusions.
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, there are several illegal San Antonio ordinances that the LSCDL could address in the interim. Given the clear cut nature of these laws violating state law, it could be a quick and easy victory for the organization.

Otherwise, it will appear that they are solely-focused on one issue...open carry. While that might be a noble cause, it is also one where anything less than a change in the law cannot be viewed as "a win." The situation in SA provides a great opportunity for LSCDL to show their intent to attack "BS laws" (their words).

Unfortunately, until such time that this happens, many of us are going to view them as lobbying for OC, and nothing else.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Personally, I hope they DO stay focussed on OC. The other laws have been around a while - but the OC issue is one that no other group has seen fit to engage on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If that's the case, then they need to be more clear on their one and only cause. They tout themselves as fighting for "the constitutional gun rights of all Texans" and that is a helluva lot more than simply OC!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Really?

LSCDL.jpg

But your web site is blocked where I work...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I only see one goal on their site...

deleteme.jpg

Ideally society would wake up and realize we were born with an innate sense of right and wrong, and about 90% of all laws would get thrown out.

Since we don't live in an ideal world I support both the TSRA and LSCDL. I do this knowing there's things about both I dislike. There's a lot of disagreement, but I figure both are working towards things I want.

Jecsd1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Texas
    ALL Americans have the constitutional right to bear arms. LSCDL was formed to restore that civil right to Texans. OC is clearly the most infringed in TX and we have targeted OC as our first goal as it is long overdue in Texas. After we have met this goal our focus may shift to other 2A problem areas. If you would like to be a part of that process then by all means join, contribute and help us.

I'm unsure how lobbying for the passage of OC isn't pushing for the restoration of your and my CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Last session LSCDL helped get the OC bill filed and through committee. Next session there will be more time to prepare and likely LSCDL will have a hand in several gun rights bills. And filed early.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm unsure how lobbying for the passage of OC isn't pushing for the restoration of your and my CONSTITUTIONAL rights.
    I think the point being made is that you are focusing on ONE right...OC. Some of the literature indicates "Gun rights" which may make people believe that you have many goals.

For many gun owners OC is an issue that has little/no importance and one that they wont rally behind.

So if I dont care about OC, what other "rights" are you trying to get restored for me?

That would be the question of some.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Do many gun owners really think that OC is an issue that has little importance? It is a sad day if they do.

Gays understand the issue about what they consider their "rights". They don't lobby for some silly law in an individual city to be overturned, they want to be OPEN about who they are be it on the street, in the military, in the churchs, in the restaurants, etc, etc. If the GLBA understands this, why don't "many gun owners" and the likes of the NRA et. al.?

with limited resources (time included) I would think a focused attack on a larger issue is very appropriate. A large and rich organization like the NRA should be the ones with a three pronged, five pronged, or ten pronged attack at the feet of our legislators.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Do many gun owners really think that OC is an issue that has little importance?...

Yes, I believe most people are scared of freedom. However they want to phrase it, all it adds up to is fear.

IMO it's sad that anyone thinks OC has little importance, whether they're gun owners or not. It's sad that we live in a country where the government derives it's power from the consent of the people, yet the people (in general) are of such weak constitution that they give all their power away willingly. Guns are only one example of many.

This is slave mentality, period. Free men do not think like that. I'm not sure if this mentality came about because of New Deal programs or just an increase in our standard of living due to technology, but it's definitely taken root.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I think the point being made is that you are focusing on ONE right...OC. Some of the literature indicates "Gun rights" which may make people believe that you have many goals.

For many gun owners OC is an issue that has little/no importance and one that they wont rally behind.

So if I dont care about OC, what other "rights" are you trying to get restored for me?

That would be the question of some.
    One example of an issue under discussion is amending 46.02 or 46.15 to allow property owners to give permission to unlicensed persons to legally carry handguns on their property.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Yes, I believe most people are scared of freedom. However they want to phrase it, all it adds up to is fear.

IMO it's sad that anyone thinks OC has little importance, whether they're gun owners or not. It's sad that we live in a country where the government derives it's power from the consent of the people, yet the people (in general) are of such weak constitution that they give all their power away willingly. Guns are only one example of many.

This is slave mentality, period. Free men do not think like that. I'm not sure if this mentality came about because of New Deal programs or just an increase in our standard of living due to technology, but it's definitely taken root.

For someone who usually posts well measured responses, this sounds beyond absurd. I am a huge pro 2A citizen, but I nor anyone I shoot with care one way or another about OC. If it passes or was on a referendum I would vote for it, or if polled I would be pro-open carry, but it stirs no burning passion to make me give money to an organization that SOLELY supports OC.

My opinion and that of those I know have no "fear" of OC, but merely have no use for it. To suggest otherwise is ignorant and condescending. If it passes...great. If not, many gun owners wont lose any sleep.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    For someone who usually posts well measured responses, this sounds beyond absurd. I am a huge pro 2A citizen, but I nor anyone I shoot with care one way or another about OC. If it passes or was on a referendum I would vote for it, or if polled I would be pro-open carry, but it stirs no burning passion to make me give money to an organization that SOLELY supports OC.

My opinion and that of those I know have no "fear" of OC, but merely have no use for it. To suggest otherwise is ignorant and condescending. If it passes...great. If not, many gun owners wont lose any sleep.
    If you were prohibited from OC you may feel differently. Even though it is not tactically advisable in many situations, whether to carry openly or concealed should be the choice of individual. You have that choice, and we don't. I think what burns the most is that the choice has been taken away from us.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If you were prohibited from OC you may feel differently. Even though it is not tactically advisable in many situations, whether to carry openly or concealed should be the choice of individual. You have that choice, and we don't. I think what burns the most is that the choice has been taken away from us.
    That is irrellevant....I CAN and still dont. For a good chunk of my life I couldn't OC and still never cared to. I am not anti-OC....it just doesnt inspire me. Of those I know that aren't big OC supporters, none are in the LE business. It just isnt as important to ALL pro 2A people as the rabid pro OC crowd would make some believe.
    I hope you guys get it. IF you do I will be happy for you. It just doesnt invoke the passion in all gun folks that LSCDL would like. It doesnt make them any less patriotic of freedom loving, and to suggest otherwise is pretty small minded.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It just isnt as important to ALL pro 2A people as the rabid pro OC crowd would make some believe.
    I hope you guys get it. IF you do I will be happy for you. It just doesnt invoke the passion in all gun folks that LSCDL would like. It doesnt make them any less patriotic of freedom loving, and to suggest otherwise is pretty small minded.

Easy, now....I'm pro OC - and I don't consider myself to be "rabid" about it. I AM gettin' pretty insistent on it. Why?

Wrong question.

Why not?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Easy, now....I'm pro OC - and I don't consider myself to be "rabid" about it. I AM gettin' pretty insistent on it. Why?

Wrong question.

Why not?
    Everyone who wants OC isnt rabid (although Chunky Monkey said you DO foam at the mouth on occasion). But there are many who are, and insist that if you dont support OC as much as they do you are somehow not pro 2A.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TR, I agree with it in principle....it just doesn't push my hot button.

<wipin' foam from mouth....> I understand - fully and completely. Didn't much for me, either - but as I explained to the President of the TSRA, there are times when OC is about the only option to carrying without the hassles of trying to conceal a weapon reasonably. I guess that as I get older, I better realize just how far we've allowed our rights to be eroded, and I feel that it's time to start taking some of 'em back. By the same token, I also realize that you get further by reasonable discussion than you do by confrontation......some are still learning that. Don't get me wrong - I'll get in your face faster'n a buzzard's fart if that's what it takes - but I'll try to reason with someone first.

Top Bottom