• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    To me if brass needs to be collected to off set range cost to the extent having to made a big deal about brass whore's, then the owners business model is flawed.
    Brass should be a BONUS not a necessity in the profit stream.
    That is simple business sense.
    Sounds to me he needs to bump his rates across the board. If that prices him out of the average range cost in that area, then he has other issues in his business model.
    Sorry folks this is business 101 common sense here!
    Guns International

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    1] Anytime you want to discuss my education, you know where to find me. .
    2]Plenty of other people manage it. Maybe if your parents cared enough about to send you to somewhere other than a government school, you would have the ability to think outside the box and figure it out.
    3] about once to twice a week. A lot of people shoot there
    4] that is your choice.

1) Way to skirt and not address the problem I presented that Matt can't deal with a view individuals so he is punishing the collective. And no I don't know where to find you, not that I want to anyway tough guy. Why don't you come out and say what you want to say instead of insinuating. There is no reason to get all Mall Ninja over a disagreement about range policies.

2) I didn't say it wasn't possible, it just isn't feasible with a full line of shooters. By not providing an example of how this would work with a full line and instead hiding behind your typical elitist private school comments, I'll take it that you understand how unrealistic this scenario is.

3) If they picked up the brass on a daily basis then they wouldn't have to worry so much about people stealing their scrap treasure. The ranges I have been to that are concerned with keeping the left brass sweep multiple times a day so the customers who want to keep their own don't have trouble finding the cases, yet don't have the opportunity to pick up a lot of others' left brass as well.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Two of you have earned vacations.

If you have a problem with someone on the forum, report the post, and I will deal with it. Don't continue poking sticks at each other.

It's not hard guys, and I have warned you that I was tired of it.

ctxpta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Lockhart, Texas
    Lone Star Gun Range-From Matt(managing member)

To start with yes we have changed the policy on picking up brass. One of the few policy changes we have made in 2 1/2 years. Having people start bringing buckets "to pick up their brass" (one was shooting with a wheel gun on ONE box of ammo and had 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket filled) on a regular basis...several different people and not just one or 2, people stopping other shooters from shooting because they wanted to get "their" brass from just in front of the firing line or spending "extra" time during a cease fire to pick up brass in front of the line and multiple people REFUSING to follow the current policy of picking up your own brass was starting to be a major issue on several areas one of which was a safety and courtesy to others the other was confrontation of those FEW who chose to lie to our faces about their activities. Safety WILL NOT be infringed on if we know it is happening. CONFRONTATION will also be avoided at all cost when dealing with the majority. We could have put up pages and pages of rules on picking up your own. We chose not to encourage those that want to retrieve their brass to use our ideas or come up with your own. To say you can't do it on the weekend is erroneous because I have one "MANUFACTURER" come out to test rounds and collects all his brass very appropriately and EASILY. Do I have a flawed business model that I use brass AND lead to keep costs down over the year...I think that is expected from a business prospective. If I continue to keep costs down then The year price and day price stay down. I did NOT raise rates this year. I do NOT plan on raising rates next year. Should we pick up more often...yes I agree wholeheartedly. We have added our first full time other than me person assisting in the day to day pickup etc and may shortly add another. Again, MY business model is pay as you grow and NOT get huge into debt. Save where you can to keep costs down. Keep cost down and people will come because they don't have to watch their watches on time, or worry about what ammo they can shoot at the range because they don't allow this or that. Do we sell most to re loaders...NO we don't. At least half goes to recycle which pays $1.30-$2.50 per pound depending on the going rate. Does this mean WE should give up this money on the ground...NOT if it means keeping the overall costs down for EVERYONE! With this one exception we are the most user friendly training capable range in Central Texas. Not to mention one if not the most affordable. $12 for ALL day (10 hours during the summer) or $65 for as many visits as you want in 12 FULL months. If you find another range with our facilities, rentals, drinks, restrooms etc for less in Central Texas by all means tell US ALL. I may even close up and go shoot there! If you want to give up drawing from the holster, rapid fire for your ability to pick up your 100-200 rounds (above average shooter day amounts) then I fully understand your going somewhere else. I know several of you will still "argue this" or not like the change and there is nothing we can do that will satisfy everyone. Happy and safe shooting to all. Matt---

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom