• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    No, if you get the membership then it pays for itself after 10 visits. If you don't want it then its $10/trip. I think I'll be shooting here a decent amount though since I get the hookup price of free :D
    Lynx Defense

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Very nice. I look forward to a range report.

As requested here is my official range report for the Kimber 1911 .22 conversion kit and the CMMG AR .22 conversion kit. Got out to Cedar Ridge today for some well needed stress relief. Got to officially try out both kits with a good array of different ammo to see what they liked and didn't like. I can say that I definitely have a new found love for rimfire and they are both really fun.

The Kimber 1911 kit is great easy to use and pretty simple to load the magazines.

425764cd-e8ee-5530.jpg

Break down on ammo:

CCI Stinger hollow points - Excellent

CCI Mini-Mag round nose - Excellent

CCI AR Tactical - Great

Blazer - Great

Winchester Super X -Great

Remington Thunderbolt - Great

Remington 22 Target - Great

Federal Champion- Good (had a couple of problems but overall good)

Remington 22 Subsonic - Bad (would not cycle properly)

Federal American Eagle - Bad (would not cycle properly)

425764cd-e932-6d12.jpg

The CMMG AR kit is also great fun but the magazines are a small pain to load and very easy to empty. It liked everything mentioned above except was kind of finicky with the Remington 22 Thunderbolt.

425764cd-f495-c2cd.jpg

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    awesome dude! one day ill have myself a .22 pistol and rifle "set" lol! hopefully sooner than later... Usually the subsonic ammo will not cycle well due to the fact that they are underpowered (if im not mistaken), which means they dont have the pressure to blow back slides/bolts... you should also try CCI Quiet 22, ive heard airsoft guns louder than that lol! Aslo, heres a video of another option in terms of Suppressor options

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    awesome dude! one day ill have myself a .22 pistol and rifle "set" lol! hopefully sooner than later... Usually the subsonic ammo will not cycle well due to the fact that they are underpowered (if im not mistaken), which means they dont have the pressure to blow back slides/bolts... you should also try CCI Quiet 22, ive heard airsoft guns louder than that lol! Aslo, heres a video of another option in terms of Suppressor options

I'll have to see if I can find some and I've seen that econo can video, pretty cool idea but until they start making a filter that wouldn't interfere with sight picture it's just not worth it IMHO.

Also just re-read what I posted (everything was typed up on my phone with tapatalk) and it seems like I didn't come off as enthusiastic as I actually am about these. It's crazy how fun they actually are and we sent around 500 rounds downrange with most being through the AR conversion, only real failure with it we had was when my buddy was shooting it and one of the rounds jammed itself between the charging handle and bolt carrier, wasn't hard to clear but I'll take a picture of the round to show the damage and post it here. Also for some reason the bolt carrier worked great in my CQB setup but was binding in the other so we didn't shoot any through that, not sure why but I'll be looking into it. Jed are you planning on goin to the Hicksville meetup? If I'm able to go I'll bring them both out.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I'll have to see if I can find some and I've seen that econo can video, pretty cool idea but until they start making a filter that wouldn't interfere with sight picture it's just not worth it IMHO.

Also just re-read what I posted (everything was typed up on my phone with tapatalk) and it seems like I didn't come off as enthusiastic as I actually am about these. It's crazy how fun they actually are and we sent around 500 rounds downrange with most being through the AR conversion, only real failure with it we had was when my buddy was shooting it and one of the rounds jammed itself between the charging handle and bolt carrier, wasn't hard to clear but I'll take a picture of the round to show the damage and post it here. Also for some reason the bolt carrier worked great in my CQB setup but was binding in the other so we didn't shoot any through that, not sure why but I'll be looking into it. Jed are you planning on goin to the Hicksville meetup? If I'm able to go I'll bring them both out.

Unfortunatly probably not i dont think i can make it up that ways that far in the near future, still trying to get my life settled down here (job, finances, etc.) so i may have to sit that one out... as much as that sucks!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Unfortunatly probably not i dont think i can make it up that ways that far in the near future, still trying to get my life settled down here (job, finances, etc.) so i may have to sit that one out... as much as that sucks!

No prob but we definitely need to get together to shoot sometime soon.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Here's a pic of aforementioned round, like I said somehow it got wedged between the charging handle and top of the conversion bolt carrier it was easy to clear. This might turn some people off of the kit but the way I see it is its just a great way to have fun shooting cheaply.

425764cd-ae09-7954.jpg

This AR loved the conversion (carrier on left)

425764cd-aec1-a232.jpg

Not sure why I didn't post this with the ammo review but this was the result of the very first 25 shots with the kit that was BNIB at 25 yds.

425764cd-af2c-0a34.jpg

Unrelated but I had also picked up a tacdriver bag and I think its gonna spoil me lol.

425764cd-ae6c-59c0.jpg

And I would love to build something like this for personal use one day.

425764cd-af69-6c4e.jpg

Mozzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Texas
    TXDARKHORSE361,

If you want to meet at a San Antonio range sometime, we can put one of my .22 cans on your Kimber so you can give you an idea what it shoots like suppressed.

Mozzi

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    the round that got wedged, that happened to me a lot when i got my dedicated cmmg 22 upper.
    After a lot of searching and tweaking I seem to have found the fix. Ditching the cmmg mags for blackdog.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    TXDARKHORSE361,

If you want to meet at a San Antonio range sometime, we can put one of my .22 cans on your Kimber so you can give you an idea what it shoots like suppressed.

Mozzi

That would be awesome, I'm always looking for range buddies.

the round that got wedged, that happened to me a lot when i got my dedicated cmmg 22 upper.
    After a lot of searching and tweaking I seem to have found the fix. Ditching the cmmg mags for blackdog.

I'll check them out thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom