• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Liberty Hill!

I don't know anything about the area, but I know you'll be closer to BotW.

Ha, I knew someone would mention that. As much as I appreciate BOTW, I can't make that a major factor in the purchase. Plus it's only 10/15 minutes away from CPT/Leander.

I am eager to get out of Travis County and out of Austin.

My uncle lives in Liberty Hill. GREAT community.

It seems really pleasant up there, nice folks.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Ha, I knew someone would mention that. As much as I appreciate BOTW, I can't make that a major factor in the purchase. Plus it's only 10/15 minutes away from CPT/Leander.

I am eager to get out of Travis County and out of Austin.

It seems really pleasant up there, nice folks.

It seriously is. Nice and quiet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Might also want to consider Round Rock and Pflugerville. We ended up getting one in Round Rock, and the prices are substantially cheaper than Austin for the same basic house.

If you need a good realtor, I have one. I used to work in the real estate industry for ~4yrs, and dealt with hundreds of realtors. The guy we used for our house is literally the BEST realtor I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Really great guy, goes well above and beyond. Heck, even a year after buying the house, he still occasionally checks back with us to see how things are going with the place. People this good are fairly rare in this industry IMO. Here's his website:

http://mikesellsaustin.com/

If you end up contacting him, let him know Travis Brown and Christina Garza sent you. :-)

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    So, for those of us whose First Language is English, what do ATX and BOTW mean? Austin's airport designator is AUS and a google search of internet acronyms says BOTW means "best of the web". Any help for the uncool kids on the forum?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Rgr, wilco.

ATX is Austin Texas.
    CPT is Cedar Park Texas
    BotW is Best of the West shooting range

Pfluggerville is a whole "nother" thing.

Thanks, I've never heard of Austin called ATX but that's probaly because I avoid Liberal Infestation Zones like the plague.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Austin is good and bad. I don't know. I suppose I thought it was more like the outlaw hippie country Austin of old it's more of the rich Californian infused hypocritical leftist enclave of Boulder now. That being said it is a good place to fight the culture war. But I can do that from just outside of Austin City Limits too.

Last edited:

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Also, if you're not too snooty to live in Burnet Co., Bertram is only a few minutes further from Austin than Liberty Hill. Might give that a thought too.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I used to live on hwy 29 half way between Georgetown and Liberty Hill back in the 90's before the nice new homes started going up out there. LOVED it. That's when I knew West Texas was not for me. First time I ever saw fire flys, and that's an awesome sight in your yard at night. Haven't seen them anywhere in the hill country since...

I've been shopping around too, and Leander and north of there seems like that's where you get the best bang for your buck. It's drive from Liberty Hill to Austin though.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Come to Hutto, great prices on houses out here and everyones real nice. Only complaint I have is nobody goes even close to the 60 limit on 1660 south of 79....other than that its a great little town right on the edge of the burbs.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Looked in Leander the other day. Most of town seemed pretty nice. A few rough areas with trailers, but did find some real reasonable houses. I need nice, not fancy or big.

Low mortgage payment means I'll be able to pay off other bills and/or buy guns.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Looked in Leander the other day. Most of town seemed pretty nice. A few rough areas with trailers, but did find some real reasonable houses. I need nice, not fancy or big.

Low mortgage payment means I'll be able to pay off other bills and/or buy guns.

If you are looking at used be warned, investors love to scoop up property from beneath your feet out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That has been a concern, I cant compete with cash offers. But I've watched nice looking houses sit on the market up there for 2 months or more, so I'm hoping I can find something. Thanks for the heads up though. Will be using a VA loan too so not sure if/how that will affect things.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom