• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I like Liberty Hill, but if you're going to be driving into Austin on a regular basis I'd recommend against it. The traffic on 183 is horrible... Georgetown, Hutto, and Round Rock might be a better choice.
    Target Sports

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I like Liberty Hill, but if you're going to be driving into Austin on a regular basis I'd recommend against it. The traffic on 183 is horrible... Georgetown, Hutto, and Round Rock might be a better choice.

Yep, liberty hill is quite the commute if you need to do it twice per day.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What's up with all of these rental houses in Cedar Park and Leander!

I have a hard time buying a house on a street where the rentals have tall grass, busted up exterior on the home, cars in the yard...

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    What's up with all of these rental houses in Cedar Park and Leander!

I have a hard time buying a house on a street where the rentals have tall grass, busted up exterior on the home, cars in the yard...

Plenty of those in any of the outlying areas. Cedar Park Town Center was about half "for sale/for rent" signs during the downturn...much better now, but apparently plenty of rentals there. The front yards are maintained, so the appearance is kept up more or less. But neighborhoods with more relaxed HOA enforcement will have trash bins visible from the street, way too many cars and trucks, 'stuff' on the porches, etc, etc. It's just the nature of the beast.

Many people hate HOAs; but they can be a benefit in areas where folks would otherwise not give a flip about the appearance of the neighborhood and their own homes...shame. The only upside is the possibility of a really good 'deal' on the home price, given the general appeal of the 'hood.
    Good luck finding a happy medium!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Also, that $150K mark is a tough one. Seems $200 is the new 'floor' for a decent SFH in the area...with some exceptions, of course; but a search at $200K sure doesn't turn up much in CP any more. Block House Creek(actually Leander) about TWO years ago would have been the mother lode; but not any more(unless you are very careful in choosing the particular street). I would imagine that's one neighborhood to which you refer(grass, parking, condition, etc).

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'd agree with the traffic coming out of CP to/from Austin but the rail might be a good option. Depending on where you work.

Commuting won't be too bad for me from CPT or Leander even. Liberty Hill or Georgetown is a bit too far for me.

At this point I'm planning on CPT or Leander, it's just a matter of how much $ and what neighborhood.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Have you tried making the drive on 183?

Northbound 183 from Mopac to Anderson Mill, maybe futher north, is brutal from 3p on. Southbound in the AM is pretty rough too.

Of course, if you don't commute during normal times then the above probably wont matter. The time might be an issue though. 40mins each way might get old really fast. Again, it depends on where you work.

SPACETRUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    just north of goofy town Texas
    I just couldn't pay taxes in ATX or Travis county, though I work there, I do my best to pay taxes in Williamson county. Just north of the Dell diamond and old settlers park is a burb, we enjoy it, HEB plus two miles west and super wally world 2 miles east, lots of medical two miles north, new bass pro in a year and a half 3.5 miles north:cool:

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    lets not talk about taxes, mine have doubled in last 5 -6 tax years, and since I bought the house in 74.... was 100 a year back then

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I'm in the market for a house and my realtor is awesome. I know one as well lol.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Saylin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Buying a house in Hutto right now myself. Your budget will buy a lot of house out there....but if you scoop up the house I just put an offer in on I will cut you :rolleyes:

Top Bottom