• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Hello All,

Been a while since I've posted anything. Anyone know of a range with shooting bays in San Antonio? I know about the Bullet Hole. Anywhere else?

I'm looking for a place I can shoot and move so lanes won't work.

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Any bank in San Antonio. I guarantee if you go bring your pistol to one you'll get plenty of experience in. ;-)

Of course I'm being completely facetious... Don't really do that. Glad you walked into that joke though, even if it did take a week!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    But seriously, what kind of shoot/move are you looking for?

I know that lonestar handgun has run n gon matches each month. They rotate where one month is pistol, one month is carbine, one month is 3 gun, and so on.... I haven't made it to one yet but I hear good things about them and would love to try it out.

Let me know if you want to try one and I'll sign up with you. Can't get much better trigger time in unless you have swat or military training

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    bodhi,

The Bullet Hole Shooting Complex at 2715 Grossenbacher Rd., 78245, just outside loop 1604 on the west side, north of Hwy 90, has 6 private bays.

You can rent them for around $20 for two hours. During the week you can reserve a bay, on the weekend it is first come first served.

Best regards,

Steve

Commercial Posting
    Posting on behalf or as a company or individual with the intent of making profit off of the forum is considered commercial posting, and is not allowed unless you are a forum sponsor / advertiser.

This includes using your business name as your username and placing info in your signature.

Advertising
    We offer competitive rates for advertising your business or service. Please email me at kevin@texasguntalk.com for rate information and any questions you may have.

Our Advertising Package Includes:
    - Rotating Banner at the Top of the Forum
    - Commercial Posting Rights
    - User Group Promotion (Regular User to Forum Sponsor)
    - Increased PM Limits

Source: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/commercial-posting-advertising/22302-commercial-posting.html

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    bodhi,

In answer to your question:

The Bullet Hole Shooting Complex at 2715 Grossenbacher Rd., 78245, just outside loop 1604 on the west side, north of Hwy 90, still has 6 private bays.

You can still rent them for around $20 for two hours. During the week you can reserve a bay, on the weekend it is first come first served.

AND... I MAKE NO MONEY IF YOU RENT A BAY NOR AM I AN OWNER WHOLE OR IN PART OF THE BULLET HOLE SHOOTING COMPLEX.

Best regards,

Steve

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I wouldn't shoot at the Bullethole if it was free. That place has a bad history and reputation for unsafe practices, which is why I stopped going there years ago...

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    But seriously, what kind of shoot/move are you looking for?

I know that lonestar handgun has run n gon matches each month. They rotate where one month is pistol, one month is carbine, one month is 3 gun, and so on.... I haven't made it to one yet but I hear good things about them and would love to try it out.

Let me know if you want to try one and I'll sign up with you. Can't get much better trigger time in unless you have swat or military training

I don't get online much anymore with 2 young children =)

Thanks for the info. I'll sign up for a pistol match. Any idea when the next one is?

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've rented bays at the bullet hole. Will probably wind up going back.

I just like to be able to shoot on the move. Nothing "tacticool high speed". I'm not doing ninja rolls or anything. I just like to step offline while drawing my pistol, move laterally as I engage multiple targets, etc.

Again, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll definitely check out the matches at LoneS

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    The setup at lonestar is nice because there's about 100 steel targets and you can shoot at whatever one you want to. It's not a one lane/one target place. Of course, it's good practice to keep withing an arc of fire to keep from ricocheting back.

I hear you on the kids. I have 4. Lucky for me I drive around all day and when I get to stops I have a few minutes to check my phone.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    rp-

Ah I like shooting steel too. Thanks for the heads up I'll try to get out there and check it out soon.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't shoot at the Bullethole if it was free. That place has a bad history and reputation for unsafe practices, which is why I stopped going there years ago...

Would you like to double down on this post with some facts- specific details where the policies and practices of the bullet hole are directly responsible. Something the range owner's lawyer can take a look at...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Would you like to double down on this post with some facts- specific details where the policies and practices of the bullet hole are directly responsible. Something the range owner's lawyer can take a look at...

Why would you care to the point of feeling the owner's lawyers need to be involved?

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Didn't somebody shoot a golfer or something there? I think it happened right before or maybe right after I moved here.

Also, why does he need facts? Why challenge him? The general tone of your post comes off a little hostile.

As for reputation, I have heard from several people I work with that people have been shooting when there are people down range, people shooting outside of the range, and just general stupid practices by the shooters. Granted those aren't on the range owners, but rather on the patrons. Either way, if those scenarios occur enough for people to make note of it when telling me about it, I don't want to chance it.

You want to see a "safe" range, try Bracken. They are a little annoying when they call a cease fire every 15-20 minutes and having to stand behind the line. I also like that most of their pistol lanes have railroad ties between them and there is fencing up to protect from your brass hitting people and vice versa. Theres no going down range either. I feel safe enough there that I take my girls there.

Personally, when I'm shooting alone I still like lonestar because it's cheaper and I like the steel targets

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Didn't somebody shoot a golfer or something there? I think it happened right before or maybe right after I moved here.

No, sir. The injury to a golfer occurred at a different range. And, at worst, that golfer was struck by a ricochet.

Also, why does he need facts? Why challenge him? The general tone of your post comes off a little hostile.

"Hostile..." I see how maybe it was received that way. Defensive would be more accurate. I see people read, repost, and adopt a position on places and people and things without knowing the truth. By challenging the post it affords opportunity to see if the opinion is based on facts or acceptance of rumor.

Don't you think that should someone talk heap big smack on a range he should back it up with some facts? A little truth that the range is unsafe? That the "reputation" is warranted?

As for reputation, I have heard from several people I work with that people have been shooting when there are people down range, people shooting outside of the range, and just general stupid practices by the shooters. Granted those aren't on the range owners, but rather on the patrons. Either way, if those scenarios occur enough for people to make note of it when telling me about it, I don't want to chance it.

If there were ever shooting while people were down-range it was on a private range. If it were on a private range it were never when a member of the range staff could observe it.

This makes it a matter centric on the "tools" one attends the range with, not the range. You can encounter such "tools" at any range. Don't go with strangers and don't blame the range.

Of course, I would ask for those who told you these things to come online and declare their observation rather that you repeating hearsay.

You want to see a "safe" range, try Bracken. They are a little annoying when they call a cease fire every 15-20 minutes and having to stand behind the line. I also like that most of their pistol lanes have railroad ties between them and there is fencing up to protect from your brass hitting people and vice versa. Theres no going down range either. I feel safe enough there that I take my girls there.

The Bullet Hole calls a cease fire every 15-20 minutes or so...
    They make you stand behind red poles (1 meter off the shooting line)...
    Their bays have bullet-proof barriers between bays...
    No brass barriers between shooters, though
    Though I don't get the need to have people stand behind a line if no-one is going down-range. Could you explain in more detail?

Personally, when I'm shooting alone I still like lonestar because it's cheaper and I like the steel targets

I would never declare your preference wrong. My challenge was about facts, not preference.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom