Hurley's Gold

looking for anyone with knowledge of an outdoor place to shoot in the DFW area....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ieatlead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Keller, TX
    I'm a new guy here and would also be interested in the land info and the group shoot! There are no good places close to go out and shoot with a youngster.
    Target Sports

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Elm Fork has a great Sporting Clay course too.

What is up with the "No FMJ" issue at these ranges? I thought Full Metal Jacket should be safe enough, unless they think it will punch through their backstops.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Elm fork is good, but god they are sensitive on the pistol and rifle ranges.

There shotgun area is the best in the area. I have shot a lot of rounds there.

Does anyone know anywhere you can rent a 50 cal?

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Some places rent full autos.

If I was independently wealth I would by some land and rent Full autos, 50cals, and all the fun toys.

spitstickler

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Flower Mound
    If anyone wants a full weekend of shooting, consider attending an Appleseed. There's one this weekend (Jan 29-30) in Atlanta, TX which NE of Tyler over by Texarkana. I'll be there and if you need a loaner rifle for the weekend, just send me a pm and I'll hook you up.

There are also local events at Quail Creek (N. of Ft Worth in Argyle) on the schedule for 2011 but space is limited. I would definitely recommend preregistration for this venue because all of the events there have sold out with the exception of one a few weeks back when it snowed.

If you're into pistols, check out Thursday Night Gun Fights at Elm fork. Lots of fun!. There's a pistol match this Thursday. Although they do keep times and scores, it's not as competitive as IDPA, etc. It's just a bunch of folks out there trying to get better and polish their skills.

Top Bottom