Looking for firearm related job in houston.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by mclarenross, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

Hey guys. I know there are a number of firearm related business owners on this board and wanted to ask yall if any of you are looking for another hand. I have always wanted to work in the firearm industry, specifically gunsmithing. I am very familiar with many different types of firearms, rifles, pistols, and handguns of many different makes and models. I have a wide and varying knowledge of both old and new firearms and their history. I am a pretty good amateur gunsmith as well having worked on many of my own guns as well as many different guns for friends and acquaintances. I have a pretty good knowledge of NFA firearms and suppressors as well. I have all of my own precision measuring tools including OD Mics, ID mics, Calipers, Indicators, etc... I can work as a sales person or as a firearm cleaner or repairer or any other jobs you may have an opening for. Or if you know of someone looking for a hand please let me know. Thanks guys.

2. XDMAR

XDMAR Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Call Carters Country stores, they might have something.

3. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

Im gonna take a trip down there and talk to them this weekend. The one in spring is only 40 minutes from me.

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Sounds like a long drive. If you love your work, guess no drive is really long.

5. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

My last job was at Baker Hughes as a CNC Machinist. It was 1 Hr 15 min from my house. I dont mine the drive though really.

6. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Have gun, will travel?

7. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

Hell yea. :fighting0002:

8. sentinel

sentinel New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Sandy, Beds, UK
    How was your job hunt?

I'm looking for something in the instructing role.
    I'm qualified, but English, which may be a problem.
    If anyone reading this has a place for an experienced firearms instructor, I'll gladly submit my resume, and can provide a Tx reference, if you want it.

9. baboon

baboon Well-Known

You talk to Briley?

10. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

They job hunt didnt work. The economy has got everyone down and broke. Yea I talked to Briely, and they told me they same thing, cant right now but send in my resume and they will keep me in mind for later. No one can afford to fire another hand right now. Ive been out of work for a month and a half now, so I am going to have to fall back on my last resort and go work for the prison. :( Maybe they will let me be an armorer.