Gun Zone Deals

Looking for new vehicles thoughts on this one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    2003 Chevrolet Suburban Utility C1500 LT 2WD Prices, Values & Suburban Utility C1500 LT 2WD Price Specs | NADAguides
    Clean Retail-$8,725

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS What's it Worth?
    Dealer Retail-$5,337 (much more in depth appraisal, but wouldn't let me select LT-only LS)

Kelley Blue Book

Fair Purchase Price- $8,041

Seems like it checks out with the price. You'd just have to drive it now and see how it runs, and if you can-look at the underside and make sure it's not coated in oil. There's more to look for but I'm not up to writing a book right now. lol

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Something you need to watch out for is the console lights and motors and the AC. GM seems to be notorious for those issues as I'm learning with my 05 Tahoe.

Pull Out Poster Child

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    I have an 02 Z71 Burb and I love it. Love the size. Love the ride. Gas isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I work at home and only drive to San Antonio once a week or so (about 40 miles) and around town about once a day to pickup kids, practices, etc. I use about 30-40$ a week. My only issues are stupid little things (knocks on wood) like one door the child lock won't disengage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Something you need to watch out for is the console lights and motors and the AC. GM seems to be notorious for those issues as I'm learning with my 05 Tahoe.

Pull Out Poster Child
    I'm not sure how new but AC blows COOOLD and isn't original. It's all the bells and whistles, from heat seaters to duel cabin climate control, XM, 2nd row captains chairs etc.

Anyone ever dealt with Autonation before? They keep telling me this is the markdown price. Claiming once the car has been on the lot for X amount of time, they lower the price to bottom dollar. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is because I'm having trouble getting over the idea that they won't negotiate on a car that's been on their lot for 2 months.

It runs well. No oil, I climbed under it.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I've been looking at a Suburban/Yukon for months using CL, Cargurus and AT.

One thing I have discovered is that I'm not alone. The good ones are snapped up pretty quick.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    We had a '96 GMC 2500 Suburban back in the day. Bad Bitch.

Only thing about the one you're looking at- 2WD
    Find a 4WD. In my experience, better to have it, just in case. Especially in a heavy vehicle like a suburban. They sink fast.

Other than that, the truck looks straight. Nice price, too

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I picked up an 01 for $3700. 141k 5.3L vortec. So far so good. Gets 18 MPG. No lights or issues except the ses light came on for a week after I changed the fuel filter. Its a comfortable ride.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I picked up an 01 for $3700. 141k 5.3L vortec. So far so good. Gets 18 MPG. No lights or issues except the ses light came on for a week after I changed the fuel filter. Its a comfortable ride.

I'll keep ya posted but if I get anywhere near 18 mph I'll be one happy camper.

Top Bottom