Lynx Defense

Looking for new vehicles thoughts on this one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Lol

Yeah ... the wife was all in a dither about using pressure treated lumber to box in a raised garden.

Of course, she decided to put it next to a wooden fence with pressure treated posted and soaked in thompson's water seal.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I've only ever owned one Suburban. It was a 1972 4X4 3/4t and I loved it! For options it had a rearview mirror, am/fm radio, cigarette lighter, dome light and heater. The in-dash ash tray was larger than most glove boxes today.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've only ever owned one Suburban. It was a 1972 4X4 3/4t and I loved it! For options it had a rearview mirror, am/fm radio, cigarette lighter, dome light and heater. The in-dash ash tray was larger than most glove boxes today.

Had some steel too!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    NP205 is one beefy sonuvabitch
    Yes it was and it's still highly sought after by serious 4X4ers. I neglected to mention one other option: my Suburban had the TH400 AT in front of it. I would have preferrred a standard but the TH400 is hard to beat for automatic transmissions.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Well I bought it, then ran across an 07 dodge 3/4 ton pickup crew cab with 219,000 and cheaper than a truck stop trick. So I got that too. Who wants to buy a crappy 05 Mazda 6 with 130k miles that's falling apart? Still runs just put new battery alternator and tires on it...

I guess no guns for a while

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Nice man. You'll like the suburban. I am getting a set of tires on mine today after the range day. How much for the Mazda? Do you have pics?

I'll probably list it around 3, fishing for an exporter.

It's had 2 trannys, second seems to work. 2 wrecks both minor. Replaced the rear bumper the first time. Left it the second time.
    Replaced all the ac hoses. Works good (about the only thing)

Replaced the PVC valve.

Sunroof is broke

The radio display is missing characters.

Power steering just crapped out on me, haven't fiddled with it. Who needs power steering?

And I think the thermostat is busted. Ain't gonna change that
    And I think the heater core is leaking. Only reason I say that is because I smell antifreeze in the car every once in a while.

Needs a whole new front end. Ball joints tie rod end etc. doesn't vibrate up to 85. So I haven't messed with that either.

All this happened under 85,000 miles. Swore after spending 600 bucks for a PVC valve (it's under the intake Manafold you have to take the whole front end off the car to replace it.) I wasn't dropping another penny in the car.

To make a log story short you don't want it...

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Swore after spending 600 bucks for a PVC valve (it's under the intake Manafold you have to take the whole front end off the car to replace it.) I wasn't dropping another penny in the car.

Lemme guess ... SES light and the code wasn't consistently the same but each code pointed to a lean condition ... lean bank, O2 out of cal, etc. At operating temp, it would chug at idle and puff black smoke.

The cause was a split plastic PCV line that connects the PCV valve to the manifold.

Close?

<< owns a Mazda CX7

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lemme guess ... SES light and the code wasn't consistently the same but each code pointed to a lean condition ... lean bank, O2 out of cal, etc. At operating temp, it would chug at idle and puff black smoke.

The cause was a split plastic PCV line that connects the PCV valve to the manifold.

Close?

<< owns a Mazda CX7

Close, but it showed every code in the world. Lean, rich, every sending unit in the fuel system was freaking out. You could hear the vacuum leak from the cab of the car. And it almost wouldn't idle.

Top Bottom