• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've shot a Buckmark style Mark III and it was terrible. Don't waste your time with Walther 22, it really sucks. I bought a used Sig Mosquito and my brother also has one that he bought new (I've shot that one too). I just took it to the range and shot Winchester Super X and Federal Lightning, and CCI mini-mag. All worked fine, except last round would not lock slide back most times (that was with all). I think my thumb was keeping slide release down. Based on my results the cheap stuff works with Mosquito, but will continue shooting some and report back. So far I like this pistol.

Beware though; your 9MM or 40, etc will feel like a cannon after shooting the 22.

Thanks for the info. Had my heart set on one and had almost decided not to get anything(never seem happy settling for something i didn't really want to start with. How was the accuracy?
    Lynx Defense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I had a Mosquito and hated it. It was reliable enough for a plinker, but it did not fit what I expected for a "mini Sig". I think my biggest gripe was the trigger. I don't really know how to explain it other than it had a weird vibration in the trigger. It was also gritty and just... sucked. If you already have a 226, I think you should look for the .22 kit for it.

For a dedicated .22lr pistol, I really like the Rugers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have no complaints about the ruger i used to have but i was hoping to find something different. I will get my hands on a sig and see how it feels(don't mind feeding it mini mags if thats what it likes). with the lower priced clone .22s flooding the market I was hoping one would be descent. I will have to put some thought into the ruger/browning/beretta options. They are not what i was looking for though all seem to be very good guns, esp. The rugers and browning. Thanks for your advise and opinions.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Just got my American Rifleman this morning and on the cover they have a Taurus 990.
    It's a 9 shot DA/SA Revolver that shoots .22LR and .22WMR.
    MSRP $442
    Looks like it could be alot of fun to shoot.

(Also noted a Taurus 405 which is a .40, snubbie revolver in the same article but that's for another thread...)

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I bought one of my boys a Beretta Nels and I like it. It works flawlessly with any ammo. It is accurate and has optional sights available. You can even put a red dot on it if you want.

If I get one for myself, I'd like to get one threaded for a silencer.

Danimal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    I bought a Firestorm 22lr Duotone for my girlfriends first gun to start out with. It is patterned off the Bond, James Bond Walther PPK. It is made by Bersa. They also have a 380 in same frame so she can work her way to a higher caliber on the same design gun. OK truth is I take it to the range and it gets fired at every session. It is fun to shoot. It is pretty darn accurate for such a small pistol. I have around 2000 rounds thru it. The gun likes fast ammo to cycle and I was stuck using CCI Minimags (expensive ammo for 22). I can shoot bulk Blazers thru it (cheaper, not as accurate, and a little dirtier). But on my last range visit, shot some Federal AutoMatch 40gr 325 bulk pack and it shot better than everything else (accuracy and cleaner and cheaper than MMs). Look into the Bersa Thunder 22 or Firestorm 22. Handle one and it will make you think a lot. You should be able to find one around $250. Lifetime warranty. Good shooting.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just got my American Rifleman this morning and on the cover they have a Taurus 990.
    It's a 9 shot DA/SA Revolver that shoots .22LR and .22WMR.
    MSRP $442
    Looks like it could be alot of fun to shoot.

(Also noted a Taurus 405 which is a .40, snubbie revolver in the same article but that's for another thread...)

I am thinking the same thing. It looks like something i could get a lot of use out of. also looks pretty sharp.

TSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    TX
    Mosqutios are very ammo picky, but i have found that remington golden .22 bulk pack, work extremely well with it, better than CCI.

Im going to recommend a S&W 422/622/2206 for a .22 pistol 6" barrel.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I have a Ruger 22/45 MK III and it is a nice shooter with or without a scope. If you are looking for something different, I also have a Firestorm 22LR pistol. It is the same basic size/weight and platform as the Bersa Thunder 380. The pistol is reliable and shoots as well as its bigger Thunder cousins and is relatively inexpensive while being a good quality firearm.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Years ago I went the S&W 422 route...then to a automag II (still miss that one) drooled over the buckmarks and happened upon a blue ruger mkII with 10" bull barrel. Sweet shooter...then at a gunshow I was looking for a scope for it and ran across the same in stainless and a matching pistol scope.. A little talking and it was a swap on the pistols and got the scope cheap... popped some power custum and volquartsen parts in it and it's utting 10 rounds in to a quarter sized hole at 50 yards off a sand bag. Next I ended up with a pair of high standards... One is the last generation victor....the other is a first gen sport king. I've always wanted a S&W 41...maybe some day.

Whats fun is to pull out the dan wesson pistol pack in 22 and swap barrels around...and then swap cylnders from 22lr to 22wmr.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I have 2 Walther P22s...one with the 3.25" barrel and a target model with the 5" barrel. They will not work with cheap low velocity ammo and this is the biggest reason why they are bashed. I normally shoot Remington Golden Bullets (525 bulk box) or CCI MiniMags and get decent groups at 7 yards. The only problem I have had is after about 5000 rounds, the trigger spring got weak and the pistol would not work in DA, but worked just fine in SA. I called S&W and they sent me two new springs at no charge.

Top Bottom