• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Every time I go out to Acadamy I but at least 500 CCI 400 . We haven't seen those around our store for a while... I keep looking once a week just in case or I call them.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    Excellent score.

I don't need primers, but I try to keep an eye on the market and what's going on with components. The best price I have found on-line for Large Rifle primers anywhere has been 9.9 cents per pop. If I saw them somewhere for $80/1000 I'd by three or four thousand just to pad my balance.

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see what comes down the pike this new year. I sure hope the wheels don't come off.

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    Was in Scheel's last weekend, and they had CCI SP, and LP primers on the shelf at 69/1k. They also had some Accurate No 9 on the shelf that I needed more than primers so left all the CCI for someone else. They had displays for a lot of other powders, but not much really in stock.

I seldom get the opportunity to visit that store, as it is a long way from home, but used a visit to my brother's house outside Denton as an excuse to head over there.

Most reloading stuff in my neck of the woods has to be mail ordered, it was nice to find some on the shelf somewhere.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    I seldom get the opportunity to visit that store, as it is a long way from home, but used a visit to my brother's house outside Denton as an excuse to head over there.

If you're gonna drive all the way from Canyon to Denton then you may as well go a little further to visit Scheel's. For my part, I haven't lost a thing east of DFW International Airport and I'd rather be shot at than make that 30 mile drive.

The last Scheel's I ever visited was in Salt Lake City back in the middle 90s. It was a very small store, but I picked up a couple of cans of IMR4320 for about $2 apiece. That was the all-time lowest price I ever paid for powder and I've often wondered why they priced it so low. I'd visit the one here in DFW if there wasn't a million people driving around here while staring at their f****** phones.

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    If you're gonna drive all the way from Canyon to Denton then you may as well go a little further to visit Scheel's. For my part, I haven't lost a thing east of DFW International Airport and I'd rather be shot at than make that 30 mile drive.

I drive through the metroplex a couple of times a month, but am usually just trying to get from Point A -> B, and have no desire to shop. I super commute for an oilfield job and would rather just get the drive over with.

When I shortchange the trip with a visit to my brother's, we seldom do anything other than visit and of course eat too much. This trip I stayed for several days and we actually made a visit to a range in Lewisville too, so it was a fun time.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    Well...maybe, if I find myself having to go that far east against my will, I'll drop in to see that. Cabela's in north Fort Worth is much closer and I used to go over there for stuff several times a year, but I've only gone in there once that I recall over the last four or five years. It really lost its appeal when Bass Pro took it over.

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    Well...maybe, if I find myself having to go that far east against my will, I'll drop in to see that. Cabela's in north Fort Worth is much closer and I used to go over there for stuff several times a year, but I've only gone in there once that I recall over the last four or five years. It really lost its appeal when Bass Pro took it over.
    We used to hit that Cabela's to look around, us small town folk get overwhelmed with that big city cool stuff... :laughing: We haven't been to Cabela's in a few years, but I can hit one in Louisiana without much issue other than travel fatigue if I feel the need to do so. The Scheel's is new, and therefore a worthy reason to make a visit. lol

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    When Scheels first opened they had a whole wall of 10/22s for $179 on sale like a loss leader or something, they're now $429 for that same model. I should have picked up a batch of them I guess. Nice candy store. Prices don't seem to be anything special these days but if its nearby you could do a lot worse.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They’ve been loaded up lately. It’s interesting that BP has one aisle. But Cab has 2 1/2 aisles of loading stuff.

Went there a couple days ago. I haven’t seen that many bullets since Trump was in office.

But I do wish they would get more of the Nosler 125g BTs.

Last edited:

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    They’ve been loaded up lately. It’s interesting that BP has one aisle. But Cab has 2 1/2 aisles of loading stuff.

Went there a couple days ago. I haven’t seen that many bullets since Trump was in office.

But I do wish they would get more of the Nosler 125g BTs.

Do you mean the Cabela's at the Fort Worth location? I can't think of a thing I need but it has been a looooong time since I've seen a well stocked reloading department. These days I'm pretty much just an impulse buyer.

Top Bottom