• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    No luck so far on finding any LP around here... Still trying once a week but I keep finding Small primers. Those I am buying at least 500 just in case ... What I need to start doing is buying powder...

Question since some users have a lot of powder how do you store them or what's the best way of storing them.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I just went on their website and found the large rifle primers out of stock. So I clicked the notify me button. A couple of weeks later, I got an email from them so I ordered them for pickup.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    scheels has primers for $69/1k. Cabelas / bass pro are still charging $120/1k at Allen and Grapevine...

Scheels has safari rifles (on occasion), dillon parts, tons of firearms you can pick up and handle without standing on line.

Bass pro and Cabelas really need to unfk themselves if they want to compete

Last edited:

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    I sign up for the email alert and nothing yet. This SUCK!!!!!! I mean I could buy them on the line but it would cost more on shipping. Even if I got the alert and pay for them for pick up . I still haven't received any email alert...

Hopefully when big T gets back into office we will see more ammo cheaper and reloading items cheap.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    scheels has primers for $69/1k. Cabelas / bass pro are still charging $120/1k at Allen and Grapevine...

Scheels has safari rifles (on occasion), dillon parts, tons of firearms you can pick up and handle without standing on line.

Bass pro and Cabelas really need to unfk themselves if they want to compete
    Bass Pro fkd over Cabelas that was a terrible venture.

Reactions: MTA

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you like Hornady. It's better than nothing I guess.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I love the Hornady SST bullets for hunting, and use them in all my hunting rounds. They have others, but almost no Nosler. But they also have a decent selection of powder, and reloading equipment. roughly 4 1/2 rows of stuff at the Allen location.

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Receive email late last night after they closed ... Sent the wife to get them ..

1706896327379.png

She bought the last two boxes... now I could start reloading my 308 and 6.5

Clerk said they other stores should be getting 2 boxes ... Keep your eye out for them.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Local Academy stores around me have been stocked pretty well with small pistol and rifle primers whenever I have visited. Last visit had a few thousand large pistol and there was even a few hundred large rifle primers left I was able to get. Looks to be coming around more regularly.

I used to order most primers through Power Valley but anymore their prices are more expensive and have hazmat/shipping on top.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It's a shame I shrugged them off a few years ago when pistol ammo dried up. I was focused on small pistol and should have been stocking for a rainy day. At least a recent trade got me 1k CCI LR and 1k CCI br LR primers. They may have been over 20 years old but they're popping off just fine.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Garland and Plano stores are saying only the McKinney stores are getting primers and not them.

I think this means the employees are buying them up in Garland and Plano.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Garland and Plano stores are saying only the McKinney stores are getting primers and not them.

I think this means the employees are buying them up in Garland and Plano.

Top Bottom