• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Col. North is a good man, but I'm not sure he's the right man. Right now, the NRA is attempting to be more inclusive. Their social media campaign is working, but their visible leadership is still conservative, Republican, and statist. There are a lot of other candidates on the BOD that could show that the NRA is for everyone. Allen West, Dana Loesh, Adam Kraut, Carrie Lightfoot.....take your pick. But they need to show that the 2A is for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Col. North is a good man, but I'm not sure he's the right man. Right now, the NRA is attempting to be more inclusive. Their social media campaign is working, but their visible leadership is still conservative, Republican, and statist. There are a lot of other candidates on the BOD that could show that the NRA is for everyone. Allen West, Dana Loesh, Adam Kraut, Carrie Lightfoot.....take your pick. But they need to show that the 2A is for everyone.

Well.
    I ain't much of a fan of "inclusive".
    It hasn't worked so well in Europe.
    I'm just fine with exclusive .

The left is certainly excluding me.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I may be wrong, but I think what seeker was saying is that the person in that slot should be someone with not only strong 2A beliefs but also someone who has fairly broad public appeal. Or at least not a lot of baggage.

And seeker does have a point. Don't want someone in that slot who turns people away from the NRA. But I wonder how many people today even remember Ollie (other than us old folks).

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

I agree with some of what you're saying but, ......... I definitely disagree with your comment that the NRA is for everyone.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I'm not against Oliver North, I'm just not sure he would stand tough against the left. The appeal would come for someone that stands like a wall against infringement.

I'm not worried about Ollie standing tall. President is a PR slot though, with little real power over the NRA. And I think there are better PR choices to appeal to a broad audience.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Met ole Ollie a couple of times and never came away with anything solid about him (saying this as a negative) .

I think this is a time will tell situation.

My concern with the NRA is that at the top level when they enter into the executive suite, the never seem to leave, they just get a new title.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That video says absolutely nothing. North did not even speak.

And who knows if Chet's allegations had even the tiniest bit of merit.
    he didn't have to reply to the question. His expression said everything.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    he didn't have to reply to the question. His expression said everything.

You did not tell me you have the ability to read minds.

How do you know that his expression was not due to being asked a question regarding a highly classified document? You don't.

I don't buy it. But then I don't wear tin foil under my socks and do not believe in the Trilateral Commission either

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You did not tell me you have the ability to read minds.

How do you know that his expression was not due to being asked a question regarding a highly classified document? You don't.

I don't buy it. But then I don't wear tin foil under my socks and do not believe in the Trilateral Commission either

And I dont still believe in Santa Claus and that everybody is good at heart

We dont have to agree, it's a free country
    This thread is exchange opinions

Both of us have done that successfully

But you chose to go down the road of trying to sound quippy but you fell short in your endeavor.
    But dont get your feelings hurt when you get return fire

Top Bottom