• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    yes, both the mother and the new stepdad could have gone inside and waited for the police as they were in no danger of the upset dad coming inside with his threats of "dragging them into court"

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Shoots unarmed guy while retreating?

WTF.

How is this guy not locked up...

On top of that, there was no violence, just a dick measuring contest, so he gets a gun and shoots the guy (presumably) while his kids are right there in the house?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This right here will likely be the key to whether it was self-defense or murder. There was obviously bad blood there - had there been previous violence?

But yeah, as soon as he grabbed that shotgun and tried to wrestle it away things went too far. That's the factor that makes me lean toward valid self defense.

For SD, shooter needs to show deadly force was immediately necessary (9.32). Shooter literally started shooting before (IMO) any violence (just Chest Thumping) even occurred. I am not seeing it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A few feet away and they're not a threat?

Please....

It was a tragedy, but the dead guy was a bully and paid for his stupid actions.

For phucks sake it was just an argument until dipshit went in the house (where he was safe if he felt threatened) and got a gun (still could have waited), but came back out and started shooting at the guy.

Last time I checked 9.32, bullying was not listed a valid reason to use DF.

Dead guy was a dumb ass, should have realized sh!t was about to get real when guy came out with gun, yeah he chose poorly.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    He also committed a gun grab with a heaping helping of life ending threats.

The bully was also trespassing and the list of his other errors were quickly compounding.

Ultimately he was a serious threat to the home owners life.

Thus the home owner defended himself.

Moral of this sad story: Don't go on someone's property and try to threaten that persons life to intimidate to get your way...doing so might be the end of you...

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Was he trespassing, or was he there on a scheduled pickup of his kids?
    He does not have to be on their porch yelling and making threats in order to pick up his kids. His new wife or whoever was recording from their vehicle had the right idea staying there. No reason for her to be yelling from their vehicle instigating things further. Not sure how old the kids are, but he could stand by his vehicle to help them in if needed. Often best for stepparents to keep out of it altogether. Ask me how I know.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He also committed a gun grab with a heaping helping of life ending threats.

The bully was also trespassing and the list of his other errors were quickly compounding.

Ultimately he was a serious threat to the home owners life.

Thus the home owner defended himself.

Moral of this sad story: Don't go on someone's property and try to threaten that persons life to intimidate to get your way...doing so might be the end of you...

he grabbed the gun after the shooter shot at him and somegun under dead guts right arm.

mid shooter thought guy was threat he should have stayed inside. He needs to lube up. He’s done

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If the kids were there as scheduled, he wouldn't have been yelling, or on the porch.
    True the kids should have been handed over if it is laid out that way in the court order. If a parent doesn't follow the court order it does not give you permission to take matters in your own hands. You get your court orders out and call the cops and let them get the kids. Going to someone's house and acting a fool will get you shot.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Typical mess when adults start playing games with child custody. Nevermind introducing a gun in questionable circumstances and then firing a shot when deadly force was not called for IMO.

It’s amazing also to me the number of times people don’t back down when a gun is brought into the situation. I’m not about to start gambling that somebody won’t actually use it. Back off and let the law deal with it.

Top Bottom