Lynx Defense

M-14: America's Worst and Shortest Used Service Rifle-What went wrong by Forgotten Weapons

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    How are those Checkmate 25 round mags working out?

I have two of the chinese copies made by Polytech. One in .308 and one in 7.62x51mm. I bought the first when It looked like I would lose the online auction and then I won. I wanted one for a match build by Warbirds because it has a harder receiver and fitted with a GI bolt was a good starting point.
    No problems. Anything bigger seemed to only be unreliable garbage per the interwebs, so I went with these. Maybe one day I’ll get a drum for it.
    Lynx Defense

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    IMG_1349.jpeg

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Never shot an M14, but enjoyed my M1A immensely.
    Loved to rapid fire it at the 100 yard line at Dietz range, and keep all holes on target.
    Probably would get kicked out today, due to their NAZI officers.

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    I trained all thru basic and ait with an M14 in 67 at Fort Ord.

Then one day while shooting for record, the charging handle simply fell off...

An on sight armorer 'fixed it, but along with the charging handle falling off, it was no longer zeroed...

At the range, I had always scored 'expert', all thru basic, but after the 'charging handle' incident, I only rated (barely) as a 'marksmen'...shooting an un-zeroed rifle will do that.

I'm still pissed about that.

To be fair, the rifle I was issued had been in the hands of many trainees previously to my using it, so there's that...
    The M14 I was issued in BCT had a bent barrel. Quite en embarrassing situation for me at the range the first 2 days until our Battalion Commander examined it and said the barrel was bent. After that, each morning I went to guys on KP and got their weapons card and used their rifle for training.

Top Bottom