• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Again, at least with that one, I can decipher it and that's an actual working approach.

ipconfig /release

followed by

ipconfig /renew

at a DOS prompt would do it.

Assuming it's not a static IP but one assigned by DHCP.

Counter example: hello, the thing on my hard drive to set the times is not working!!!
    OK, why the shit should I care, and how stupid are you, also why do you need to set the time in first place, it's all NTP these days, well something's not right, she couldn't possibly be talking about the Windows clock...
    Could you elaborate what and how you are trying to do?

Aaaaah! Turns out she had a RDP (remote desktop protocol) shortcut on her desktop that lets her remote into an IVR (interactive voice response system, press one for English) and she logged into that machine to change the announcement of business hours of her bank before holidays and after they bought another bank or got bought by one, it doesn't matter which, their internal IP (internet protocol) addresses got all changed around.
    Can you put that in English? :laughing:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Since this is the pedantic thread... That would only refresh a DHCP address; not reset the interface. Also never specified a windows machine :what:
    Trouble maker. I know enough about computers to make me a danger to the computer, thank God I live by geeks!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Again, at least with that one, I can decipher it and that's an actual working approach.

ipconfig /release

followed by

ipconfig /renew

Counter example: hello, the thing on my hard drive to set the times is not working!!!
    OK, why the shit should I care, and how stupid are you, also why do you need to set the time in first place, it's all NTP these days, well something's not right, she couldn't possibly be talking about the Windows clock...

Aaaaah! Turns out she had a RDP (remote desktop protocol) shortcut on her desktop that lets her remote into an IVR (interactive voice response system, press one for English) and she logged into that machine to change the announcement of business hours of her bank before holidays and after they bought another bank or got bought by one, it doesn't matter which, their internal IP (internet protocol) addresses got all changed around.

You do that around here and you get to clean up the stinky mess......Whatever it is!!!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    ngbbs4a403f8141fe7.gif

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

ipconfig /release

followed by

ipconfig /renew

Seems like you're doing it the hard way. Why not just use " del *.*" ?.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom