Makarov if you MUST do 9mm !

Owlcreekok

Feb 29, 2008
Between Houston and Beaumont
I am a very strong proponent of the 9mm chamberings. It is, after all a very economical round. When one finishes a session of practice with a 9mm, one has only to iron out the dents in the paper targets and stow them for the next trip to the range.

:D

(One would never surmise that I am a staunch 1911-.45 ACP afficinado)

Anyway,,,,,,,,

I trim 9x19 brass to 9 Makarov length, prime, pour a whole TWO GRAINS of Bullseye in, seat a 90 gr cast RN innit and have a dern blast. Or maybe I should say I have a "POP".

As far as I am concerned, the MAK is a fine pistol and the round is a happy compromise when one wants a compact carry piece AND some authority.

I have tested the above recipe, albiet using THREE grains of Bullseye by shooting a stack of wet newspaper. I did not take time to record the depth of penetration in terms of inches, millimetres or even hectophosphoincrements. I can tell ya this: those little balls went far enough that I would rather not be shot with one.

For the sake of maintaining a decent reputation, I won't reveal that I have chucked those 90 gr cast bullets in my lathe and made hollow points out of them. No telling what you guys would think of me if I let that out.

:o

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads