• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Yah know, you can also buy this thing called a Bridgeport...and with a little less know how, do basically the same thing...and they have been making those for like 100 years...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The Bridgeport GX 250 sells for a little more than $1,500.00 though...and you have to have the smarticles to run it.
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    (Vancouver)?
    I googled "Vancouver makerspace" and this place popped up: http://www.makerlabs.com/
    If you're actually serious about learning 3d printers, go check them out. Looks like they offer classes. I have no idea what their temperature on firearms is so I wouldn't mention that is your interest right off the bat.

To answer your question about 3d printed guns; they aren't really practical. However if you learn how to bend sheet metal and use a spot welder you can build practical guns.

I'm curious; is there no Vancouver Gun Talk? ;)

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    It's fairly trivial to 3D print an AR-15 lower on a consumer grade printer, that'll hold up to a few hundred rounds before breaking. Make sure you get the later more reinforced revisions from defense distributed (these are readily available out on your favorite torrent sites). Be sure to use a printer with an all-metal hotend like the E3DV6, which can print nylon or other advanced polymers. I have been experimenting with some carbon fiber reinforced nylon material. Requires a hardened steel n o z z l e (why is that word blocked by the bad word fliter?) (vs the usual brass) due to the abrasive nature of the carbon fiber fill. Check out for example Taulman 3D and 3DXTech for some really advanced polymers that could be useful in printing firearms.

-Mark

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    That's nice guys . . . Do u know that today in our city there was a BIG BUZZ on the 3 Middle Eastern Guys who were taking pics of the entrances of one our biggest malls here (Vancouver)? Unfortunately unlike Texas, our whole city is so anti-gun (Bunch of brainwashed hippies if you ask me) that it's super hard to protect anyone even yourself. I would love to find ways to protect my family and that's why this technology caught my attention. Sorry for not being so tech savvy . . . I'm 56 after all.
    Move to TEXAS
    That's nice guys . . . Do u know that today in our city there was a BIG BUZZ on the 3 Middle Eastern Guys who were taking pics of the entrances of one our biggest malls here (Vancouver)? Unfortunately unlike Texas, our whole city is so anti-gun (Bunch of brainwashed hippies if you ask me) that it's super hard to protect anyone even yourself. I would love to find ways to protect my family and that's why this technology caught my attention. Sorry for not being so tech savvy . . . I'm 56 after all.

sent from a Galaxy far away

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    It's fairly trivial to 3D print an AR-15 lower on a consumer grade printer, that'll hold up to a few hundred rounds before breaking. Make sure you get the later more reinforced revisions from defense distributed (these are readily available out on your favorite torrent sites). Be sure to use a printer with an all-metal hotend like the E3DV6, which can print nylon or other advanced polymers. I have been experimenting with some carbon fiber reinforced nylon material. Requires a hardened steel n o z z l e (why is that word blocked by the bad word fliter?) (vs the usual brass) due to the abrasive nature of the carbon fiber fill. Check out for example Taulman 3D and 3DXTech for some really advanced polymers that could be useful in printing firearms.

-Mark
    That is some good info, I'll have to look into that when I decide I want manufacture. But I do have disagree with it being fairly trivial to print an AR lower. While technically true, it makes no sense to buy a 3d printer to only print things that everyone else designed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom