• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, that's how the press is reporting it...

TEXAS MAN ARRESTED FOR HAVING GUN LICENSE – IN TEXAS!

This is a weird story, and normally I give our public servants the benefit of the doubt, but video proves that one man in Rosenberg, Texas was targeted and arrested for legally carrying a handgun.

[video]

The police arrested him on charges of “failure to signal”, a moving traffic violation which normally carries a fine of $30-$150.

He says if he had not mentioned his license to carry, that he never would have been arrested and had to pay bail, fines, and impound fees.

For their part, the Rosenberg Police Department claims that an internal affairs investigation cleared the officers of any wrongdoing.

Chime in… do you think these police officers were in the wrong?

Truth is, he wasn’t arrested for having a concealed weapon, he was arrested for not paying his traffic fines for which he had an outstanding warrant (Source)

Of course, Gonzales claims "had not mentioned his license to carry, that he never would have been arrested and had to pay bail, fines, and impound fees;" but he sure conveniently failed to add the fact that he had a warrant! And the press was quick to jump on his claim without investigating the facts.

And Facebook and other social media are exploding with calls of police harassment and misjustice. If people only took the time to actually research the a story before reacting, maybe we'd all be a bit smarter because of it!
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Saw the dash cam vids the other night on a TV at one of the local eateries. No audio, so I was scratching my head about the headline.

After reading this, it makes perfect sense.

Warrants = Free ride in the back of a cruiser.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    So, any word on how much he had in unpaid fines compared to possible bail?

I'll never understand people that don't pay fines and then get pissy when the cops bust 'em for it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, that's how the press is reporting it...

Truth is, he wasn’t arrested for having a concealed weapon, he was arrested for not paying his traffic fines for which he had an outstanding warrant (Source)

Of course, Gonzales claims "had not mentioned his license to carry, that he never would have been arrested and had to pay bail, fines, and impound fees;" but he sure conveniently failed to add the fact that he had a warrant! And the press was quick to jump on his claim without investigating the facts.

And Facebook and other social media are exploding with calls of police harassment and misjustice. If people only took the time to actually research the a story before reacting, maybe we'd all be a bit smarter because of it!

Source link no worky...

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The "source" link i was taken to was just the same story, and mentioned nothing that I saw about warrants.

Didn't write it, just found my way there and passed it on. :)

You're right, I have yet to see anything in online sources that mention warrants either.
    You woulds thunk the TV station would have researched that .... or not.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Like Cam and Boru I say no reference to a warrant in the linked story. I would hope a reporter would have been smart enough to ask him if there were any other legal issues in play. One thing reporters seem to hate more than cops nowadays are armed citizens.

The story also says he was released there at the location of the video, does it not? I believe he can make some satisfaction related to the warrants on the side of the road, but then again the officer said he was being arrested for traffic infraction and window obscured, not warrants.

I searched Ft. Bend records and I do not find a criminal case against an Alonza Gonzalez, and the only Alonso Gonzales in the misdemeanor database appears to have satisfied his traffic issues from 2005 and earlier. There could be something elsewhere.

Still hinky, just not certain where the hink is coming from.

Last edited:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Like Cam and Boru I say no reference to a warrant in the linked story. I would hope a reporter would have been smart enough to ask him if there were any other legal issues in play. One thing reporters seem to hate more than cops nowadays are armed citizens.

The story also says he was released there at the location of the video, does it not? I believe he can make some satisfaction related to the warrants on the side of the road, but then again the officer said he was being arrested for traffic infraction and window obscured, not warrants.

I searched Ft. Bend records and I do not find a criminal case against an Alonza Gonzalez, and the only Alonso Gonzales in the misdemeanor database appears to have satisfied his traffic issues from 2005 and earlier. There could be something elsewhere.

Still hinky, just not certain where the hink is coming from.

Pretty sure LEO's did not need any outstanding warrants to make an arrest for the traffic offenses stated in the video.
    If it had been for speeding (with no reckless driving involved), or an open container, different story ...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Pretty sure LEO's did not need any outstanding warrants to make an arrest for the traffic offenses stated in the video.
    If it had been for speeding (with no reckless driving involved), or an open container, different story ...

Were the traffic offenses more than just failing to signal?

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Were the traffic offenses more than just failing to signal?

Appears there were two stated.
    Neither one being for speeding, nor open container.
    Which, IIRC, are the only two exceptions from traffic violation arrest (providing you sign the ticket) without other circumstances being involved.
    No doubt someone will correct me immediately if that is no longer the law.

Top Bottom