• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    So this year alone we've seen the race card get played. That's an oldie but goodie. The gender card. The transgendered card. The homosexual card. The fat shaming card. The Syrian refugee card. And now..... The CHL card. What a year. It's always someone else's fault or bias that caused my problem. Anyone and anything's fault but mine. Gotta love this society we live in. Sarcasm.
    Sorry, but if he had no warrants (still under dispute), there really was no reason to arrest him...big whoop, some minor traffic violations that are normally just a citation.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't know, but I cannot find anywhere that says he had a warrant.

Yeah, but we're only seeing this stop as this Alonza, or Alonzo guy is showing it to the media and us, the internet world. The fact that OCT is already on board is pretty telling about who's driving this bus. Look at Rosenberg PDs page already blowing up w CJ Grisham's antics.

As for the arresting OFC, he was a SGT with the department. Received some recognition for his work pulling a man from his burning truck after an MVA on Hwy 59 in Nov of last year. Not exactly a wet behind the ears kind of officer if he made it to SGT. As for his departure, I can guess his exit was the "I don't need this BS" kind of term. The tide is already against him. No sense in staying around a town where everyone treats him like crap.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yeah, but we're only seeing this stop as this Alonza, or Alonzo guy is showing it to the media and us, the internet world. The fact that OCT is already on board is pretty telling about who's driving this bus. Look at Rosenberg PDs page already blowing up w CJ Grisham's antics.

As for the arresting OFC, he was a SGT with the department. Received some recognition for his work pulling a man from his burning truck after an MVA on Hwy 59 in Nov of last year. Not exactly a wet behind the ears kind of officer if he made it to SGT. As for his departure, I can guess his exit was the "I don't need this BS" kind of term. The tide is already against him. No sense in staying around a town where everyone treats him like crap.

I have no idea why he resigned and I don't like the cj Grissom retard. I'm just asking where is the source that he had a warrant? I'm not going to speculate why the cop suddenly quit his job. If the guy had a warrant why is it not in any of the articles?

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    The officer, or should I say the officer that resigned resides in my neighborhood. I was unaware of this until last night when I posted the link on our Nextdoor page and it was deleted immediately not once, but twice! Come to find out, his wife is a moderator on that forum and is apparently the one who deleted it. A very heated debate ensued regarding the deleting of this post by other neighbors as they found out.
    The assistant police chief was indicted on official oppression charges this week as well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am also a Rosenberg resident on Next Door. The thread was closed citing that threats were being made to the officer and his family (no proof given) and though they weren't posted in NextDoor the Moderator felt it best to end the thread. I don't bash cops I accept that there are a few bad ones. A few uninformed ones and some departments included need to be fired and restocked with decent ones. SAT. 11/28 I'll be at the Rosenberg PD (10am till Noon) for a little re education demonstration. To show support for the 2A and TX Conceal Carry. Hopefully the Rosenberg brass will address any issues their officers might have with legally carrying. I always had decent traffic stops with all departments. The only bad one was over 30 years ago as a commercial truck driver on CT. The officer was just verbally abusive to me. I finally turned to him and said "I'm sorry your wife ran off with a truck driver, but I'm not that truck driver" his D.O.T. partner cracked up laughing. The officer told me to get out of his inspection station.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I have no idea why he resigned and I don't like the cj Grissom retard. I'm just asking where is the source that he had a warrant?
    Yup, I asked that too.
    If the guy had a warrant why is it not in any of the articles?
    Because the media is only reporting as much as they are told by Gonzalez.
    The media doesn't have any more investigative powers than us right now.

No. He specifically stated that he was arrested for a warrant.
    Uh yeah I read. But I think you read the thread out of rhythm here lol

Let's not beat this dead horse.
    We are all wanting to find out if there was a warrant or not. He said she said about anything else right now is a bunch of sword fighting. So, everybody quit sword fighting. It's stupid :clown:

jamespoole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Rosenberg
    I am also a Rosenberg resident on Next Door. The thread was closed citing that threats were being made to the officer and his family (no proof given) and though they weren't posted in NextDoor the Moderator felt it best to end the thread. I don't bash cops I accept that there are a few bad ones. A few uninformed ones and some departments included need to be fired and restocked with decent ones. SAT. 11/28 I'll be at the Rosenberg PD (10am till Noon) for a little re education demonstration. To show support for the 2A and TX Conceal Carry. Hopefully the Rosenberg brass will address any issues their officers might have with legally carrying. I always had decent traffic stops with all departments. The only bad one was over 30 years ago as a commercial truck driver on CT. The officer was just verbally abusive to me. I finally turned to him and said "I'm sorry your wife ran off with a truck driver, but I'm not that truck driver" his D.O.T. partner cracked up laughing. The officer told me to get out of his inspection station.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I was referring to the original post that was deleted twice that only showed the news article and nothing else. The thread that is ongoing is questioning why the original was removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    RE traffic fine arrests: About 18 months ago I received a letter from the state of Texas telling my they will not allow me to register my vehicle and they issued a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid traffic fines. WTF?? I hadn't had a ticket in nearly 10 years!! AND one citation was supposedly in Galveston... I've NEVER been to Galveston.

So I called both courts... one in San Antonio and the other in Galveston. First, the Galveston situation... it took me over two weeks and many phone calls to straighten that out. Somehow they cross-linked my Tx DL number with some bozo I've never heard of... then it took ANOTHER another week of calls to make them fixed that problem and update their records!! Then it was the Bexar courthouse... the idiots hadn't updated my file to show that I DID pay a fine I acquired way back in 2005!! So the warrants were cancelled and I registered my vehicle.

Had I been stopped for any reason such as a burned out tail light, or whatever, I would have been in jail due to clerical errors in TWO counties!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was referring to the original post that was deleted twice that only showed the news article and nothing else. The thread that is ongoing is questioning why the original was removed.

What are you talking about? The original post wasn't deleted twice and nothing was removed. The editing had to do with an inoperative link that was included.

By the way, since there seems to be a lot of ignorance about this, you can be arrested for a traffic citation. Don't believe that? Then just refuse to sign the citation. But that wasn't why he was arrested, nor was it for carrying. If the gullible types like OCT want to play it like that was what happened, then they can stew in their ignorance. They still believe Grisham's arrest was unwarranted (which it was).

Not matter how much evidence has been presented, there will always be those who think they know better. The guy in this video was arrested for having traffic violations, which meant there was a warrant. Otherwise, he would have simply signed the citation and been on his merry way as hundreds across the state do daily. Claiming it had to do with the fact he was carry a firearm is as ridiculous as C.J. claiming he didn't do anything wrong. The officers involved did nothing wrong, in either case.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    you can be arrested for a traffic citation.

Yep. A few decades ago I received a parking ticket on Lake Texoma (Oklahoma side) by the Barney Fife. It was the end of summer and questionable regarding how they changed the parking and gave over 50 tickets that day. So I didn't pay.

A few months later I had to sign for a letter from the US Government. Texoma is owned by the Corps of Engineers. It stated I was late in paying my parking ticket and if I didn't resolve in 30 days the US Government would issue a warrant for my arrest. Needless to say I paid the ticket.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Screw a bunch of "warrants".

Basically, the LEO ultimately got the shaft/quit because of the disingenuous crap from both the media and the Asshat ... the arrest the LEO made was perfectly legal under Texas law, as he didn't need an outstanding warrant as justification.

The warrantless arrest of anyone violating those two particular traffic laws is authorized by statute, but a LEO may issue a citation to appear in lieu of arrest.

Operative word being "may", not "shall" ...

SCOTUS even upheld a specific Texas case in that regard: Atwater vs. Lago Vista, 99-1408

Top Bottom