• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    According to Rosenberg PD...the video you see was edited by the TV station doing the news report. I question why did the Rosenberg PD not release the uncut raw video themselves. I agree it's not normally how officers do a minor traffic stop. But if you think putting everyone in cuffs and impounding vehicles for every traffic stop (Though legal) should be tolerated, then I guess it's OK to have a police state. Where the officer can claim anything they want to arrest you. Especially after OC occurs on Jan 01 (bet some of you are Jonesing over some overzealous officer maybe taking out some honest law abiding citizens exercising the legal 2nd Ammendment right to Open Carry. 《Wink, wink》

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    If you really think that members here are hoping for LEO to kill a person OCing, maybe you should go away. Really. Now.
    Lynx Defense

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Especially after OC occurs on Jan 01 (bet some of you are Jonesing over some overzealous officer maybe taking out some honest law abiding citizens exercising the legal 2nd Ammendment right to Open Carry. 《Wink, wink》

That is a really rude and offensive statement. Maybe don't make anymore insinuations like that...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Would we get the full uncut, unedited, video? That's really what we need to see.
    Yes, whoever places the FOIA request will get a CD with the raw video on it. I've done it before. I've got CDs, transcripts and every bit of info relating to the incident I was looking at. They mail you the order form (if you're not physically going into the station), you send back the form and payment and you'll get the stuff in the next week or so. They have 10 days to respond to request.

According to Rosenberg PD...the video you see was edited by the TV station doing the news report.
    Yup, everybody can see that video is edited. There is green and yellow text added for caption, there's the news station logo across the bottom that obscures the time stamp, the video is cut, etc. That is not a virgin recording.

I question why did the Rosenberg PD not release the uncut raw video themselves.
    When a PD sends FOIA requested info, it is all raw, full, uncut.

I agree it's not normally how officers do a minor traffic stop. But if you think putting everyone in cuffs and impounding vehicles for every traffic stop (Though legal) should be tolerated, then I guess it's OK to have a police state.
    You and I have no idea what information Dispatch and the OFC were looking at in regards to Gonzalez' returns.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Don't have time to sit through the 50-minute podcast, so I tried to read the transcript and it made no sense. Care to summarize?

Summary - interview with Alonzo Gonzalez, his side, his words. Then some legal advice and rally around him.

Nothing that sheds any fresh light on the matter.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Summary - interview with Alonzo Gonzalez, his side, his words. Then some legal advice and rally around him.

Nothing that sheds any fresh light on the matter.

So the same shit regurgitated, and somehow it adds credence to the story?!?

But thanks for listening to it and providing a summary. I wasn't going to bother...

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    The Overall was that the Arrest was unnecessary . C.J. Grisham is still holding the OC event at Police HQ on 11/28 10-12 noon. Terry Holcomb believes that Racism might have been a major factor (His Direct Remarks) and the Podcast host felt it was Bull Poop. (Quick Summary)

The Rosenberg Police Department did answer a posting I made on their facebook page stating that they were disappointed in how the TV station edited the video. It bothers me then that the RPD didn't release their UNCUT video. (Sorry doesn't pass the smell test. It was also verified that a week after the RFD Cleared the officer and they stated they backed him.... the officer resigned. (Or forced to but with this arrangement he can go to any other PD in TX, because he wasn't fired). But on their Facebook page they now say the arrest was unnecessary (Also contradictory and doesn't pass smell test).

Last edited:

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    RPD will release it if so requested with the right paper work. Apparently only gun forum folks are still interested, but not enough to get it. The TV station has moved on, a day later, to other news.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Overall was that the Arrest was unnecessary . C.J. Grisham is still holding the OC event at Police HQ on 11/28 10-12 noon. Terry Holcomb believes that Racism might have been a major factor (His Direct Remarks) and the Podcast host felt it was Bull Poop. (Quick Summary)

The Rosenberg Police Department did answer a posting I made on their facebook page stating that they were disappointed in how the TV station edited the video. It bothers me then that the RPD didn't release their UNCUT video. (Sorry doesn't pass the smell test. It was also verified that a week after the RFD Cleared the officer and they stated they backed him.... the officer resigned. (Or forced to but with this arrangement he can go to any other PD in TX, because he wasn't fired). But on their Facebook page they now say the arrest was unnecessary (Also contradictory and doesn't pass smell test).

Oh, so Grisham is involved, so we should be impressed?!? Sorry, but that leads me to believe even further that the guy is trying to manipulate the facts...

Many arrests are judgmental, officers have some latitude as to whether they can take someone in or not. I have even seen instances where a driver with an outstanding warrant was let go as she had children in the vehicle with her and detaining her for simple traffic violations didn't make sense.

And of course everything is racist these days. By chance did you notice the officer with the weapon drawn was black? I guess he's a racist too! So do we need rules that officers can only arrest people of the same race? It's a slippery slope, and an idiotic one as well.

Keep grabbing at straws, throwing unfounded accusations in every direction. Maybe eventually you'll hit a target!

But I'll spell it out for you since you clearly seem to be missing the point. Gonzalez claims he was arrested because he was carrying, which is pure bullshit. You may happily accept that as fact, but the truth is it was a legal arrest and now he's trying to play on people's ignorant emotions before filing a civil suit against the department. I suspect some shyster lawyer is behind all of this; but notice one thing on the Rosenberg PD Facebook page, the vast majority of people support that department!

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    It's not an issue of Police Bad Or Good the issue is the individual officer and how the Department handled it. My personal opinion Mr Gonzales should sue. That seems to be the best way to affect change in some government agencies to correct deficiencies.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    It's not an issue of Police Bad Or Good the issue is the individual officer and how the Department handled it. My personal opinion Mr Gonzales should sue. That seems to be the best way to affect change in some government agencies to correct deficiencies.

Just curious. Sue for what? Was it a legal arrest based on probable cause? Was it based on traffic warrants or on traffic violations? Exactly where can you show the arrest was illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

I only support his suing if he can be counter-sued for the costs involved once his case is thrown out, which it will be.

But thanks for suggesting that our already over-burdened court system become more constipated with pointless cases. I am sure he would hope it would be settled out of court, as if I were on that jury I would not only vote against him; but also recommend libel charges be filed against him!

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    [h=5]Rosenberg Police Department[/h]November 21 at 1:43pm ·

In light of the recent media publicity regarding the traffic arrest of an armed CHL holder, we felt compelled to make a statement. The Rosenberg Police Department supports our 2nd Amendment rights, and all CHL holders. Please do not allow an isolated incident or the actions of one Officer to tarnish the image of the entire Agency. The arresting Officer is no longer employed with our Department. We stand with our Community.
    https://www.facebook.com/RosenbergP...1015285336404/785635088207752/?type=3&theater

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    CJ GrishamRosenberg Police Department

4 hrs · Edited ·

Today, the President & Vice President of Open Carry Texas met with Rosenberg PD to discuss the recent arrest of CHL holder Lorenzo Gonzalez. Much like the incident two years ago in Harlingen, we firmly believe after speaking with the chief that this was an isolated incident. We are still holding the rally on Saturday, but we want to clear that Rosenberg Police Department is not an enemy of gun owners. In fact, some of the officers have expressed an interest in taking part in the rally. The chief made clear that they did not support the actions of the officer. He is no longer a peace officer in Texas. We are not just caving in to law enforcement. We firmly believe this and would say otherwise if we didn't. For example, we will always call out Region VII DPS as hostile to gun owners as well as Andrews PD. We have a video that will be up in the next few days with more information.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=909756599108550&set=o.281015285336404&type=3

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Well, It's looks like everything is worked itself out. (Whatever the hell that means!) As far as law suits, I'm not a believer is just suing someone or entity just because someone didn't like what happened. IMHO, lawsuits are waaay overblown. Suck it up, stop feeding the legal system and let it go.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, here comes CJ and OCT to **** everything up! Of course, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have OC in January (at least that's what they claim!)...

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Well, here comes CJ and OCT to $#@! everything up! Of course, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have OC in January (at least that's what they claim!)...

Ah yes, CJ Grisham. Can he get a LTC? If he can't I'd like to thank him for being so selfless as to get OC passed for LTC holders even though he can't qualify!

Top Bottom