• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What two traffic laws was he arrest for?

The LEO states them both in the video. Watch it.

So it wasn't a warrant?

How the hell would I know? But a warrant was not necessary for an arrest as shown in the video.

It was 2 traffic laws? Did he refuse to sign?

Judging only by an obviously edited video, it appears he was arrested in lieu of being issued a citation to appear, therefore there would be nothing to sign.
    ARJ Defense ad

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Arrested for not using his blinker? You're insane if you think that's ok. That's the only violation he was arrested for not two. How would you feel if your wife or daughter gets arrested for not using a turn signal since you're okwith it. Actually I hope you are arrested for it and go to jail, get your vehicle towed.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Arrested for not using his blinker? You're insane if you think that's ok. That's the only violation he was arrested for not two. How would you feel if your wife or daughter gets arrested for not using a turn signal since you're okwith it. Actually I hope you are arrested for it and go to jail, get your vehicle towed.

LOL Do your assumptions always exceed your understanding, or just a bad day?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Nope, I have not made one assumption in this thread. I actually believed he had a warrant by someone else who just assumed. I believed you when you assumed he was arrested for 2 traffic violations. You're on here saying its 100% fine to get arrested for not using a blinker and I'm calling you out. Don't like it? Too bad. Cry me a river.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Nope, I have not made one assumption in this thread. I actually believed he had a warrant by someone else who just assumed. I believed you when you assumed he was arrested for 2 traffic violations. You're on here saying its 100% fine to get arrested for not using a blinker and I'm calling you out. Don't like it? Too bad. Cry me a river.

Whether or not it's right it's a legal arrest.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

You'll do the crying, from embarrassment, when you finally listen and realize the LEO clearly stated, as he cuffed him, that he was arresting him for his "traffic violations", then proceeded to list them BOTH. Keep digging ...

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    The law is simple. One can be arrested for any but two infractions in the transportation code. Don't like it? Get the law changed.
    Act the ass with an officer that works for a department that doesn't mind it, get a free trip to jail for a cash bond. Simple. Act respectful, sign the ticket, go on your merry way. Simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Formal legal complaint by the driver forced the release of the video
    took quite a while...even though the request needs to be attended to promptly by law:
    [h=2]Texas Public Information Act[/h] The Texas Public Information Act is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to public records of government bodies. Until the law was formalized, the ability of a citizen to gain access to public records was at the discretion of the custodian of the records, except in those cases where records custodians were forbidden to allow access. The law covers nearly all documents that are in the possession of government agencies in the state that are covered by the law. Section 552.002 says that information is public if it "is collected, assembled, or maintained under a law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business" by a governmental body or for a governmental body, and the governmental body owns the information or has a right of access to it.
    Any person, not just citizens of Texas, can request public information. A statement of purpose is not required nor is there a law on how the records can be used. The Texas Public Information Act allows 10 days for a response to public record requests.
    Public Information Act Tex. Rev. Civ. Stat. Ann. art. 6252-17a

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    A FOIA request for the video is how he got it. Any one of us could place a FOIA request with Rosenberg PD and get the same thing.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I concur, but without any proof, how could one make the statement and not be any different than the news.

It's like Carolyn McCarthy pushing 'the shoulder thing that goes up' and the rest of us knowing better.

Making statements based on knowledge of how a traffic stop goes, or how a TS arrest goes, or how a warrant arrest goes, etc. What is shown in the edited vid is not the full, complete stop. Key parts are edited out (like all the time when the OFC goes back to the car to run his info, and all the time from the OFC calling for an adtl unit and it arriving.). Gonzalez and the media passing this video off as the complete truth is deceitful. The media is likely ignorant, they're looking for a hot story and they're reporting about anything a person tells them, so long as it's juicy. Gonzalez may be pushing an agenda. He's only showing as much as the public would be outraged about

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You are saying, that if one is knowledgeable about traffic stops, that they may make a statement like was made, and it is supposed to be taken as gospel truth?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My inquiry, which you quoted, was in regards to the statement by MMM, when he stated there was a warrant out for the individual who was arrested.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    It's like Carolyn McCarthy pushing 'the shoulder thing that goes up' and the rest of us knowing better.

Making statements based on knowledge of how a traffic stop goes, or how a TS arrest goes, or how a warrant arrest goes, etc. What is shown in the edited vid is not the full, complete stop. Key parts are edited out (like all the time when the OFC goes back to the car to run his info, and all the time from the OFC calling for an adtl unit and it arriving.). Gonzalez and the media passing this video off as the complete truth is deceitful. The media is likely ignorant, they're looking for a hot story and they're reporting about anything a person tells them, so long as it's juicy. Gonzalez may be pushing an agenda. He's only showing as much as the public would be outraged about
    According to Rosenberg PD...the video you see was edited by the TV station doing the news report. I question why did the Rosenberg PD not release the uncut raw video themselves. I agree it's not normally how officers do a minor traffic stop. But if you think putting everyone in cuffs and impounding vehicles for every traffic stop (Though legal) should be tolerated, then I guess it's OK to have a police state. Where the officer can claim anything they want to arrest you. Especially after OC occurs on Jan 01 (bet some of you are Jonesing over some overzealous officer maybe taking out some honest law abiding citizens exercising the legal 2nd Ammendment right to Open Carry. 《Wink, wink》

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom