TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why is the smith working on a loaded gun? Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the article an "employee" was cleaning a gun when it happened. No mention of a smith or the gun being worked on.

I had a job in my teens working for a small gun shop/storage business. When I wasn't out killing weeds or doing other minor maintenance I would go through the entire shop with a pair of cotton gloves and a can of remoil wiping down the guns to remove the fingerprints and such left by customers. I wonder if this employee had a similar job, which would make it quite odd to find a round in the chamber but still something that should be checked.

If a rental, it seems that there would be multiple failures required. Shooter failed to clear after use, employee he took gun failed to clear, and employee cleaning gun failed to clear.

Or maybe info has been updated and I missed it.

Dave70

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    They don't have rentals there and only work they do is sighting in. That's going to be a rough thing to work through for all involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Victim's family is going to get paid. Hope the range doesn't get shut down due to dumbass.

Is that the range where you aren't allowed to hang your own targets and half the employees are teenagers? Seems vaguely familiar but can't remember if that was the place.

Dave70

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Victim's family is going to get paid. Hope the range doesn't get shut down due to dumbass.

Is that the range where you aren't allowed to hang your own targets and half the employees are teenagers? Seems vaguely familiar but can't remember if that was the place.
    Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The yahoo count at Hot Wells has always been pretty high - I've been flagged by more hot pistols there than everywhere else I've been combined. This was an employee though, which is likely going to make it pretty hard for them to stay in business. The surrounding neighborhoods already don't exactly like having them in "their" backyard (despite HotWells predating the neighborhoods by decades) for fear of something 'bad' happening. And, something bad just happened.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Employee will have to deal with this for a long time.

Fault? Really only one person at fault. The person handling the gun.

Good warning to all against getting complacent.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I hope that the rain has lots of insurance. Unfortunately, there will be a wrongful death lawsuit out of this and the range will pay. The big question of course is whether or not the range can survive. The neighborhood's hate the range

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I hope that the rain has lots of insurance. Unfortunately, there will be a wrongful death lawsuit out of this and the range will pay. ..

Insurance will be the question. Yes there will be a lawsuit, because insurance companies don't offer any money without some sort of claim against the policy. In this case, a lawsuit is likely the only way to make such a claim.

But that's what insurance is for. Hopefully the resulting rate increases in insurance (or the local politicians) don't put the range out of business.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    From facebook
    Screenshot_20171212-193316.png

Top Bottom