• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpetrlak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Why do you believe doing things the right way makes any difference to a lawyer looking to sue someone with an insurance policy? And why do you believe that an insurance company would even fight it to the end if their client was right?

The sad fact of life in business is, the insurance company is usually willing to settle a case, even when not at fault, because it's cheaper than fighting it through the courts. Insurance companies push for mediation first, but that's just one of those, how much are we going to end up paying you scenarios.

Lawyers know this and that's why they sue everyone, even when they technically shouldn't have a case.

Because IF they did it the Right way, this "Accidental Discharge" would NOT Have happened.
    -- OR ---
    IF this "A.D." HAD happened, and the GUN WAS pointed in a safe direction, and no innocent by-standers would have been involved. (NRA Rile No 1).

I honestly dont care what lawyers do or dont do in this case. I'm discussing Prevention, not the legal aftermath.
    Hurley's Gold

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Why do you believe doing things the right way makes any difference to a lawyer looking to sue someone with an insurance policy? And why do you believe that an insurance company would even fight it to the end if their client was right?

The sad fact of life in business is, the insurance company is usually willing to settle a case, even when not at fault, because it's cheaper than fighting it through the courts. Insurance companies push for mediation first, but that's just one of those, how much are we going to end up paying you scenarios.

Lawyers know this and that's why they sue everyone, even when they technically shouldn't have a case.
    You obviously never been injured in an accident through somebody else's fault and you obviously have a bone to pick with lawyers in general. You really don't know what you're talking about

Next you are going to post a link to the Stella awards .

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    They're re opening
    Screenshot_20171222-183310.png

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't believe most of us here think that the lawsuit is frivolous. Without the father, the family is undoubtedly going through some tough times and should be compensated in some way for their future.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You obviously never been injured in an accident through somebody else's fault

Personal injury, no.

and you obviously have a bone to pick with lawyers in general.

True I don't care for lawyers in general, but insurance companies are even worse. The reason lawyers are forced to sue in cases like the one mentioned, and in many others, is that the insurance company doesn't volunteer money when a covered peril takes place.

And it terms of safety, policy, doing things right, etc., no, lawyers do not care one bit about any of that. They go after anyone and everyone who has insurance because their goal is to collect the money, not to fight for what is right.

You really don't know what you're talking about

Unfortunately, I bet I know a whole lot more about it than you can imagine. I'd be happy to share some personal experiences with you over a pm if you're interested.

The fact remains, lawyers aren't in it to fight for what's right. They're in it to win their case. If you don't understand that, then you need to do some studying. (Edit: Yes I know you're a lawyer)

Next you are going to post a link to the Stella awards .

Not sure what those are, so I doubt it.

Top Bottom