• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

ALL that I know for SURE about that subject is that VN & Cambodia are widely ADVERTIZING Gaur & Wild Buffalo hunts in Europe & in several Asian nations. - I seriously DOUBT that those countries would be actively promoting hunting a "protected species".

yours, satx
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

ALL that I know for SURE about that subject is that VN & Cambodia are widely ADVERTIZING Gaur & Wild Buffalo hunts in Europe & in several Asian nations. - I seriously DOUBT that those countries would be actively promoting hunting a "protected species".

yours, satx

Listed right there in the source I linked in my post. They have been since 1986.

I suppose your information must be out of date. But I do know you can't legally hunt a legally protected species.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

PITY, that you don't seem to understand that the 1990s were OVER TWO DECADES AGO (1986 was over 3 DECADES ago.) that the ads for hunting trips that are CURRENTLY running in Asia & Europe.

Could it be that (as usual) you are mindlessly BLATHERING on & on about things of which you know little or nothing??

yours, satx

Please post these ads that are currently running for these hunting trips.

It would lend greater credibility to your posts if you left the sarcastic insults out of them. It serves not purpose other than you may think your argument is weak and you want to try and bully me.

I merely posted information. If you have different information that shows what I posted is wrong, then please post it without the sarcastic insults. I'm fairly certain that @benenglish would appreciate it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Please post these ads that are currently running for these hunting trips.

It would lend greater credibility to your posts if you left the sarcastic insults out of them. It serves not purpose other than you may think your argument is weak and you want to try and bully me.

I merely posted information. If you have different information that shows what I posted is wrong, then please post it without the sarcastic insults. I'm fairly certain that @benenglish would appreciate it.

Axxe55,

IF you spent LESS time "flailing about" & trying to change your well-deserved REPUTATION as the forums most active "know it all" & (increasingly) "TROLL", people wouldn't make fun of the mindless foolishness that you routinely post.
    (I said NOTHING sarcastic. - Instead, I pointed out that your "sources", weak though the were, were MORE than 2 DECADES old & therefore "out of date".)

TWO DECADES AGO, leopards were thought be "dwindling in numbers" & were widely believed to "become extinct in the wild soon" in both Africa & Asia but NOW are considered to be "nuisance animals" that are routinely shot/killed "when & wherever encountered". = According to some sources including the WWF (which is a known ANTI-HUNTING organization), there are NOW more leopards in Africa than were alive in the 17th Century.

That SURPLUS of Leopards in Africa is WHY that CITES now routinely issues permits for Trophy Hunting, such that a USA hunter can import his Leopard trophy.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

IF you spent LESS time "flailing about" & trying to change your well-deserved REPUTATION as the forums most active "know it all" & (increasingly) "TROLL", people wouldn't make fun of the mindless foolishness that you routinely post.
    (I said NOTHING sarcastic. - Instead, I pointed out that your "sources", weak though the were, were MORE than 2 DECADES old & therefore "out of date".)

TWO DECADES AGO, leopards were thought be "dwindling in numbers" & were widely believed to "become extinct in the wild soon" in both Africa & Asia but NOW are considered to be "nuisance animals" that are routinely shot/killed "when & wherever encountered". = According to some sources including the WWF (which is a known ANTI-HUNTING organization), there are NOW more leopards in Africa than were alive in the 17th Century.

That SURPLUS of Leopards in Africa is WHY that CITES now routinely issues permits for Trophy Hunting, such that a USA hunter can import his Leopard trophy.

yours, satx

Duly noted.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Duly noted.

Axxe55; All,

FYI, "she who must be obeyed" has "put me on notice" that she expects a "spotted kitty pelt" to drape over the couch in the den, after the Africa trip.
    (She also has already "picked out" places for ZEBRA rugs. - She asked. "Don't you think that Nathen Paul will look CUTE playing with his puppy on a Zebra skin rug???)
    NOTE: We do NOT have a puppy, btw.

It must also be said that she is NOT "overly happy" about my plan to mount a Cape Buff "shoulder mount" on the west side den wall.
    (Her comment was, "Buffalos are NOT EVEN a LITTLE BIT PRETTY.")
    Most married men KNOW what "that certain tone of voice" means.

As the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

yours, satx

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Axxe55; All,

FYI, "she who must be obeyed" has "put me on notice" that she expects a "spotted kitty pelt" to drape over the couch in the den, after the Africa trip.
    (She also has already "picked out" places for ZEBRA rugs.)

It must also be said that she is NOT "overly happy" about my plan to mount a Cape Buff "shoulder mount" on the west side den wall.
    (Her comment was, "Buffalos are NOT EVEN a LITTLE BIT PRETTY.")
    Most married men KNOW what "that certain tone of voice" means.

As the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

yours, satx
    Just a suggestion to help maintain harmony. My wife and I bought a high dollar treadmill and it was soon regulated to a place for bras to dry. Perhaps your SO would soften her view if this exotic shoulder mount was available for her laundry use.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Just a suggestion to help maintain harmony. My wife and I bought a high dollar treadmill and it was soon regulated to a place for bras to dry. Perhaps your SO would soften her view if this exotic shoulder mount was available for her laundry use.

Coop45,

Somehow, the "vision" in my imagination of several 34DD lace bras drying on MY Cape Buff leaves ME "cold".
    (I suspect that the Buff will end up "hidden away" on the wall of my office for marital PEACE/HARMONY.)

yours, satx

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    post ... without the sarcastic insults. I'm fairly certain that @benenglish would appreciate it.
    It's not just me. I think everyone appreciates when posters who are in the process of disagreeing stick to presenting competing arguments in a compelling manner complete with (preferably linked) facts. Posts that are just insults do a good job of communicating the mood of the poster but little else and, therefore, don't help any conversation move toward resolution.

We tolerate a great deal of what appears, on the surface, to be insults, i.e. "taking the piss", because, unlike many forums, TGT places an emphasis on members getting together to know each other in real life.

But if I or any other mod feels that true enmity is being communicated, warnings and vacations may be in the offing.

tl;dr - Please lighten up, guys.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    "Enmity" seemed like the right word. Sorry for the derail.

You and Webster have a special friendship!

I remember watching the movie Ford Vs. Ferrari, and the scene where Ford was addressing his employees close to the beginning of the movie talking about his grandfather. He used the ruminating. I had to Google the word to find out what it meant!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You and Webster have a special friendship!

I remember watching the movie Ford Vs. Ferrari, and the scene where Ford was addressing his employees close to the beginning of the movie talking about his grandfather. He used the ruminating. I had to Google the word to find out what it meant!
    To chew over, like a cow chewing its cud...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics