• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'd expect the nonfatal ones to make the news too, considering how it would feed the anti-gun agenda they worship.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Four months ago...a year ago...six months ago...this is not "common" based on these examples. And this is nationwide (as was your OP), which reinforces the rarity. This proves my point.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Four months ago...a year ago...six months ago...this is not "common" based on these examples. And this is nationwide (as was your OP), which reinforces the rarity. This proves my point.
    That is a very short search ( seconds) on google. Took longer to copy paste them than it did to “find” them. The cases are as easy to find as a gay pride parade in Austin.

I am not going to post every one of them unless I have an incentive.

You are in a good position to incentivize that work if you care to.
    For every case I post of an OCer getting their gun stolen you take $1 off what I owe you on the finished cleaver.

If I fail to cite at least 45 cases, I will add $45 to what I owe you for the finished cleaver.

What do you say?

Please don’t take this bet, I live for collecting useless facts that may help me on Jeopardy one day and I don’t want to cost you money on what is looking like an awesome bone chopper.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Again, let me state clearly, I am not against open carry.

Just don’t be a retard and pretend the mere sight of your handgun in an Uncle Mike’s floppy bag of “holster” on your hip is a magic shield that causes criminals to shit their pants and run away.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Just don’t be a retard and pretend the mere sight of your handgun in an Uncle Mike’s floppy bag of “holster” on your hip is a magic shield that causes criminals to shit their pants and run away.
    EXACTLY!IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARRY THAT GUN IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE IT'S CARRIED IN A SAFE MANNERAND THAT ONLY YOU HAVE CONTROLOVER IT!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Article makes it sound like it was just tucked into his pants, no retention at all. Although I believe you can carry openly in Georgia, I don't know Georgia's laws on how it can be carried.
    Again, even concealed, I practice situational awareness.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Now, see, I never advocated for shitty nylon holsters...although from the half-assed description in the article it sounds like the guy was either carrying without a holster or in an IWB that the reporter couldn't wrap his/her head around.

As for the rest...yeah, it happens. But so do lightning strikes, and apparently with just as much regularity. Doesn't mean I'm going to refuse to go outdoors because I might get hit. If you cast a wide enough net, you can find enough news stories to make just about anything seem like it's happening in epidemic proportions.

I very rarely OC (usually on my way to and from a TGT meet-up), but I also keep aware of my surroundings and the people in them. If you're not a dumbass about it you'll probably be fine. But there are always dumbasses who'll be used as examples against us.

As for the bet...nah. Shipping that monster is already gonna cost you enough...I don't wanna add an extra burden to it for ya.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm not against open carry at all, but please, use a proper holster if that's how you roll. You don't *need* a Safariland level 3 holster, but you should have solid retention, and have basic firearms retention skills (I mean active, not just relying on the holster) just so the opportunistic POS doesn't do this to you. Carrying a weapon - knife, OC, second gun even - that is accessible with your off hand is a good addition to this. Lock the gun in the holster with one hand, stab a mofo with the other if needed, or jam your BUG into his ear and paint the walls.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not against open carry at all, but please, use a proper holster if that's how you roll. You don't *need* a Safariland level 3 holster, but you should have solid retention, and have basic firearms retention skills (I mean active, not just relying on the holster) just so the opportunistic POS doesn't do this to you. Carrying a weapon - knife, OC, second gun even - that is accessible with your off hand is a good addition to this. Lock the gun in the holster with one hand, stab a mofo with the other if needed, or jam your BUG into his ear and paint the walls.
    Open carry, I just don't understand having a firearm on your backside. Is that a TV/movie thing?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Something to remember. We (TGT folks) tend to be the 1% of gun owners that are actually serious about being safe and responsible. Because we tend to not be morons, it can be difficult to suspend your disbelief that the other 99% of gun owners are kinda clueless and get most of their knowledge from tV.

Top Bottom