Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Guns are static objects; dogs have agency.

"...dogs display some degree of intentionality and self-directed action."

That is true. Any living and breathing creature can have it's own thoughts and instincts. But I'll counter that many here bashing the breeds are operating under an influence of ignorance just like the gun haters and grabbers. And like them, many are putting the blame on the object, rather than where it belongs, the dog's owner.

If there is vicious dog roaming a neighborhood, that dog belongs to someone, or it was dumped out because it was a problem dog.

And the owner doesn't accept the responsibility to keep his dog properly contained, or it became a problem dog because it's previous owner didn't accept the responsibility of properly controlling the dog.

None of these are actual faults of the dog.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1655154227347.png

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    8xzcFr5l.jpg

My very first rescue was an Australian Shepherd I named Bill. Best dog I ever had. I took a lot of bites from him. Truly a fur missile, he could jump into car window moving 30 mph. There was very little you couldn't teach him. He knew the names of several toys, open & close doors & gates, go in the fridge & bring you a beer with out shaking it up.

He got red regular bathes & when I clipped him would roll right & left plus other commands associated with his hair cut. He would wear out 3 teenagers with a frisbee. I could walk him off led, but didn't because of living in the city.

Smartest dog there is! I know peeps that have them, yep they love to play!!!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember when Dobies & Rot's were the prize of the hood rats & trailer trash. I also remember the rise of the American Staffordshire Terriers.

I think the saddest thing is go to any dog pound or rescue an just look at the over abundance of "pit bulls". It aint because they are America favorite dog it because a huge percentage of people who own them are human waste. The don't spay or neuter, the let there dogs run and 50% of them think they are going to get rich on puppies.

Back when I was hunting the dump for feral dogs there were no pit bulls!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Good post. Guns are tools. Dogs while tools have a brain and are wild animals. Domestication is just people bonding with animals.

Because of this...owners have a lot of responsibility to keep pets from harassing, injuring, or killing anything that doesn’t warrant it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Smartest dog there is! I know peeps that have them, yep they love to play!!!
    They are also a breed that was purpose breed, the every one fell in love with them then the puppy mills bred them into a lesser dog. I see more minitures then full size. Bill was not a small dog by no means. From when i rescued him & put weight in the form of muscle on him until I put him down he was 125-135 pounds. He was every bit as stong as my American Bulldog of the same weight.

When I shaved off his winter coat you could see he was fit.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Put a chicken on a hot griddle and you can teach it to dance too!

That's how the Lambada came about!!

If you are a gangbanger, thug, or wannabe badass, a pit bull or a rottweiler are usually the go to dogs of choice.

If you ain got a Cane Corso, ya ain nuttin!!!

Anatolian shepherds and Akita’s are 2 other mean ass dogs I’ve encountered. The Anatolian was unapproachable no matter owner presence or not. Akita was sweet after initial I’m going to eat your ass meeting, however would still get you if the want arise.

I think my daughter in Ark just bought an Anatolian puppy for guarding her new beasts at the new property.

One of my former neighbors had an Akita... it was friendly enough, but didn't get enough attention and discipline. It liked to jump up on the wire fence and get a scratch... that's when I found out how powerful they are... toenail opened up my arm from elbow to wrist!! Later on, the neighbor went on vacation and left the dog behind with food and water... the Akita first ate the motorcycle seat, then ate the siding off the back of the house!!

Many times, puppies don't realize how much strength that have in biting. Diego has bitten my arms numerous times just playing around. But he's learning his boundaries when it comes to his mouth on me.

I thought Diego was a Sabertooth (Smilodon).

Cats...........

Are good for target practice!!

Ya with all the knuckle dragging mouth breathers around here. Genetically speaking ofcourse.

Hey, don't talk about me like that! It's not my fault I have deviation in my septum!!! (Fixed long ago... boy that was fun)

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Guns and puppies are both born perfect, in that they are blank slates Both can be good or bad. All bad done with each is facilitated my man thru use neglect or misuse or abuse.

What any breed is now is a direct cause of mans intervention.

Lack of personal responsibility is the issue.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Dogs can be born broken. Just like people. If it’s got a brain it can have its wiring wrong.
    Possible, but of it's own without human intervention, I'd hazard a guess that is probably the exception rather than the rule. Just like people.

We know there are just plain evil people in this world. Their brains are just wired wrong, but I'd say that they are a rare thing rather than common.

Top Bottom