• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    In 2019, pit bulls accounted for 91% of all reported fatal attacks on other animals, 91% of all fatal attacks on other dogs, 76% of all fatal dog attacks on cats, and 82% of all fatal dog attacks on other pets, poultry and hoofed species.

Pit bulls make up 6% of all dogs.

"Hurrh durrh pit bulls are no worse than any other dog! I don't know what basic statistics are!"
    The reason why I carry when I am around my house/property is because of stray pit bulls, not people. My anecdotal experiences line up with these stats and I wont go near them at all. Just a few days ago some slim shady wannabe was at the park in Bonham with some pit bull monstrosity pulling him all over the park.

We snatched up our daughter and left.

The only dog breed I have ever seen advance forward after taking a generous dose of 00 buckshot

Here she is with her dog that "ate her ribcage"
    OIG6EPX3FRDONFN6KQZFMRH2JI.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    All reported attacks, meaning only attacks reported. As previously stated not all dog attacks are reported.

More often than not people are not quick to report their own dog. Biased statistics at best, people always need someone or something to blame.

Kinda like saying your the smartest dumbass, are you really smart? Maybe statistically but your still a dumbass.
    Some true principles there.

However, why would other breeds' attacks not be reported at any different rate than for pit bulls? People only report pit bull attacks, but say "Gosh, that was a chow rather than a pit bull. Naw, I won't report it then."

Nope, your argument does not hold water here.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx

However, why would other breeds' attacks not be reported at any different rate than for pit bulls? People only report pit bull attacks, but say "Gosh, that was a chow rather than a pit bull. Naw, I won't report it then."

The same could be said for people, why would some crimes be reported while others are not?

Why would some reported crimes not be documented or treated as a lesser crime?

Not to say It didn’t or doesn’t happen just not as important at the time, maybe?

I’ve personally been bitten by “the sweetest dog” and It’s was never reported. Nobody reports small dog bites more than half the time but that doesn’t mean they don’t happen.

Who knows why people do what they do? If we knew those answers maybe America wouldn’t be in the state it’s in. Then again It’s all speculation and biased, you see what you want rather than what’s really there or vice versa.

Everybody is different and has their own views and beliefs.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    How many other breeds have been known to tear babies to shreds because they were left alone?
    This statement is the same as blaming an ar15 because it was left out around someone in the family that’s crazy and it gets used in a crime.

Leaving your baby alone, with a cat, can suffocate the baby. Why would leaving your baby alone with an animal be a good idea?

A human decision to leave pitbulls alone with a baby but we ignore the part the owner made a poor choice. We can blame a breed for having stubborn or other traits that we can debate if it’s a poor choice for certain owners. Anything other than that is as terrible as pro gun control logic.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This statement is the same as blaming an ar15 because it was left out around someone in the family that’s crazy and it gets used in a crime.

Leaving your baby alone, with a cat, can suffocate the baby. Why would leaving your baby alone with an animal be a good idea?

A human decision to leave pitbulls alone with a baby but we ignore the part the owner made a poor choice. We can blame a breed for having stubborn or other traits that we can debate if it’s a poor choice for certain owners. Anything other than that is as terrible as pro gun control logic.
    There are many dogs I would be very comfortable leaving my grandchild alone with, never a worry. They would be great guardians. A pit bull would not be on that list, though. Nor a chow. Nor a rott.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    There are many dogs I would be very comfortable leaving my grandchild alone with, never a worry. They would be great guardians. A pit bull would not be on that list, though. Nor a chow. Nor a rott.
    I was going to say my old dog bear but he was special. It would be illogical to say gsd’s can be trusted because I’m not the owner and have no evaluation of all those other dogs. See where I’m going?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What have we learned....

Some folks are anti pit bull.
    Some folks love pit bulls.
    Some folks think owners are responsible for bad dogs.
    Some folks think dogs are prone to being bad.
    Some folks think it's a combination.
    Some folks think mans selective breeding aided by neglect or ignorance is the issue.
    One member is a condescending asshole who pops in from time to time to talk out his like a little bitch when people disagree like a typical prepubescent know it all. None of which can be confirmed due to not giving a shit.

It's a beautiful day in the TGT neighborhood.

Now lunch.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'll counter that with this. How many dog attacks are attributed to dogs that people perceive as being pit bulls when they might have actually been another breed?

How many people really know what a "real" pit bull is, or are attributing what they "think" is a pit bull?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

AR-15s are not sentient. It would be more like blaming the crazy person and the person who didn't lock up the gun (and lock up the crazy person). Which is just.

Reactions: gll

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'll counter that with this. How many dog attacks are attributed to dogs that people perceive as being pit bulls when they might have actually been another breed?

How many people really know what a "real" pit bull is, or are attributing what they "think" is a pit bull?

How many breeds look like pit bulls?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

And pit bull is the only breed misidentified?

The margin is simply too large for this to be the deciding factor.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

My American Bulldog was prime example of that. I would venture most people see a brindle dog see a pit bull

All I know is from what I learned from a friend who bred & fought winning dogs. He only bred American Staffordshire Terriers and fought females.

I’m met him when I had gotten Bill. He had seen idiot sic their various killers on Bill who killed them. Often I was producing my 1911. Dave and I often talked about what an epic fight Bill & just Sara would be. Then the day came when we had let both out of the apartments at the same time. Instead of them rolling they tore a cat in half together.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    AR-15s are not sentient. It would be more like blaming the crazy person and the person who didn't lock up the gun (and lock up the crazy person). Which is just.
    Thread addressed this.

Yes a gun is not sentient as we have posted before.

Because you own an animal that is capable of such damage one word doesn’t change: responsibility.

What are owners in the eyes of a court room after a bite? Reasonable. The owners actions or lack off is to blame.

Saying the dog is to blame while never posting a solution for irresponsible owners is the same game gun control folks use.

I’m going to use a term that fits your view of the dog and is already law. “Dangerous breed”. How did that dangerous dog get out? How come that dangerous dog was dumped and now a problem? The answer has two legs.

As already mentioned I’m natural on the breed. I’m not a fan. I have however never encountered a problem. So I must conclude those were good owners.

Let’s go deeper into ownership. Let’s ban the dog. Let’s have no pitbulls in this country. How does this fix people’s problem of being irresponsible?

Last edited:

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I was attacked by two dogs while cycling on the street a couple of blocks from home. reported it. local constables came over questioned me, then gave me a warning citation about my dogs instead. [fortunately all tagged to date]. Seems attack dogs owners are local HOA and claimed I was "riding in a threatening manner." Big TX star on their garage door, 'special' insignias on their big pickups. Then my landlord harassed me because he got a HOA letter about keeping my dogs leashed. Always wondered what would have happened if it had been a little kid. Typical white southern bigotry.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I was attacked by two dogs while cycling on the street a couple of blocks from home. reported it. local constables came over questioned me, then gave me a warning citation about my dogs instead. [fortunately all tagged to date]. Seems attack dogs owners are local HOA and claimed I was "riding in a threatening manner." Big TX star on their garage door, 'special' insignias on their big pickups. Then my landlord harassed me because he got a HOA letter about keeping my dogs leashed. Always wondered what would have happened if it had been a little kid. Typical white southern bigotry.
    That’s messed up.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And pit bull is the only breed misidentified?

The margin is simply too large for this to be the deciding factor.
    I didn't say that pit bulls were the only breed that might be misidentified. But I'll ask you, do you know what exactly a pit bull is?

What about laws prohibiting certain breeds of dogs being owned?

Reads alot like anti-gun legislation doesn't it?

In a 2014 literature review of dog bite studies, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) argues that breed is a poor sole predictor of dog bites.[31] Some controlled studies have not identified pit bulls as disproportionately dangerous, while others have found that compared with other dog breeds they are far more likely to attack unprovoked and often go off property to do so.[31][32] Pit bull-type dogs are more frequently identified with cases involving very severe injuries or fatalities than other breeds, but a 2007 study suggested this may relate to the popularity of the breed, noting that sled dogs, such as Siberian Huskies, were involved in a majority of fatal dog attacks in some areas of Canada.[31][33] Bite statistics by breed are no longer tracked by the CDC,[34] and are discouraged by the AVMA[35] and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).

Top Bottom